2023 Annual Overland Trip - Oregon BDR #5 South

Are those the wheels I sold you from my LR4? If so, that set will be on its second club Overland trip. 

Yes they are!! Going to a good Rover. And if I sell the 2016, I’ll put the Adventure AT’s back in and keep the KO2’s for my wife 2013 LR4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/4/2023 at 4:36 PM, RobertDingli said:

You can never have too many lights (says the guy with an extra 600W of front facing lights). 

Excellent advice, that I think you first conferred in Moab, so used some of this downtime to finally follow it...

IMG_2137.jpeg

And then... only 5 spots remain. 

Get your spots quick. I'll be placing the T-shirt order on May 18th in hopes we have them in time for the trip. If you want a shirt guaranteed please be sure to sign yourself and your passengers up before then.

@CRYA in regards to you jumping in on the 27th, we will be in Sumpter, OR the morning of the 27th until 1:00PM. 

If that works for you let me know. The 28th... I think we will pass through Seneca for a fuel stop, but this one is still evolving and the window will be fairly tight. 

Granted, Jeff made it work last year in Primm, NV! : ).

@RobertDingli I am planning on bringing the Joolca HOTTAP Nomad and double ensuite, but maybe we both can bring one each to save space and weight?

Also, I plan to bring my new GuzzleH20 since it looks like we will be near water sources.  Happy to refill any and all containers to cut down on the amount of water we might otherwise bring.

Finally, any interest in divvying up cooking meals and/or food consolidation?  I'm happy to cover a dinner and/or breakfast or two.

Days 4 and 5 are roughly in place! A couple more phone calls and we will be solid to the 29th.

Spoke to Mike this weekend and they will be meeting us on Sunday. I'll double check weather as we get closer, but if temps are cooler, we may swing our transit day corridor back to the West rather than shooting over and up through Nevada.

@pilotgabe checked in on the snow reports and we should be good to go by the time the trip comes around. Most places along our route are either melted or well on their way to be!

• June 24th, Transit Day 1: Bay Area, CA to Rye Patch, NV
  • June 25th, Transit Day 2: Rye Patch, NV to Dale, OR area 
  • June 26th, Trail Day 1: Dale to Sumpter
  • June 27th, Trail Day 3: Sumpter to Crane Creek
  • June 28th, Trail Day 4: Crane Creek to Cheatum Holler
  • June 29th, Trail Day 5: Cheatum Holler to Squaw Butte (near Riley OR)
  • June 30th, Trail Day 6 ...
  • July 1st, TBD
  • July 2nd, Transit Day: to Home

Stay tuned...

2 hours ago, SLOHybrid said:

Miles, is this trip still open for members??   May be able to swing this trip.  Yay

Yes it is!

The links to the sign up are here:

@SLOHybrid and @PaulD I hope you guys can attend with your RRCs! Us old folks are outnumbered once again! Gotta pump those numbers 🤣

Current truck count:

• LR3 - x3
  • LR4 - x1
  • Range Rover L405 - x1
  • Range Rover L322 - x1
  • Newfender 110 - x1
  •  
  • Defender 110 - x1
  • Defender 90 - x1
  • RRC - x1

49 minutes ago, PaulD said:

Since it's Oregon, are we allowed to burn fallen firewood...?

--Paul

That is a good question... we are dancing in and out of various Federal and State agency operated lands... I've made a note to check this. Will aim to get this info into the final attendee packets. (ambitious... I know)

Trying to plan hotel/motels and are booking fast whichever way you go!  Where is everyone planning to stay the 25th as I only see tollbridge campground near dale.. nothing else

8 hours ago, SLOHybrid said:

Trying to plan hotel/motels and are booking fast whichever way you go!  Where is everyone planning to stay the 25th as I only see tollbridge campground near dale.. nothing else

I'll be sending out a detailed itinerary, but on the night of the 25th we will be targeting Oriental, Gold Dredge, and/or Driftwood. Ideally everyone will spend the night here so we can depart timely in the morning.

Below is an unfinalized draft.

image.png

On 5/24/2023 at 9:11 PM, PaulD said:

Maybe Gabe can post up pics of his pre-run from last summer...?

--Paul

I can share the Google Drive too, I think...

Enjoy the flat tire pic...1 of 3 times lol.

20220622_154728.jpg

20220623_114559.jpg

20220623_140543.jpg

20220624_202556.jpg

20220625_131203.jpg

20220625_131219.jpg

20220625_153135.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_6999.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg