What Did You Do With Your Rover Today?

AdvRovr

Guest Pedram

Drove to Sac to check on the progress of my disco. Still not running. Apparently there's a few issues with the 95 year. Having a smaller keyway on the crank shaft from a 94 4.2 doesn't quite make life easy.

Also planning to upgrade the timing chain with double rollers. Thought about doing a cam but looking at work vs cost vs power.... I'll skip that part and just do the double rollers.

Only small things today on the LR3.

Found a bent pin in the front brake wear connector causing a false reading and straightened it out.

Tightened a couple of loose bolts on the driver's side exhaust manifold that were causing an annoying leak.  NOT the easiest things to get to!

Removed the RoadShower - need to have a crack welded up

Removed the roof rack mounts for the (now busted) traction jacks.

Tested highway driving at stock road height with the 33" tires - OK but will rub slightly at just the right amount of steering input.  Should be fine for highway driving and may give a bit more mpg due to less airflow under the rig.  

When are you going to switch to the 37's? Hahahaahahaha

Well, the 33s lasted what - a year?

You know he's gonna do it, it's just a matter of time.

Well, the 33s lasted what - a year?

You know he's gonna do it, it's just a matter of time.

Almost a year... but you see Don, my wife does not see the benefits the way Michelle does. See my reply to Jason :(

I think you meant to reply to Nick right?

Yes that's strange because I did choose Nick's message where he mentioned divorce if he did change the tires again. Must have been a weird glitch or something.

Anyway Nick depending on the size of your 35s I probably have a buyer if you're looking to go to 37s.

Guest Pedram

Justin, stop working on yours.... Your killing me

found a loading dock at one of my customer's yard. just a little bit of rub on the back of the rear tire but not bad at all.  i never got steep enough to lift a tire.

Try just placing one tire up the ramp. Your gonna have to get a little diagonal to the ramp so you can get a true flex. The way you have it lined up now only gets the truck sideways. If your looking for flex you need to hit only one corner at a time.

But it looks really nice other than that. Curious to see what your new maxtraxs holder looks like now with the bigger tire back there.

Actually did it Monday but was done by the end of the day To post anything. Finally got to changing the leaky swivel ball housing and caliper on the passenger side. Took a little while because of the windy condition but overall disassembly,cleaning, and refit was a breeze. Only thing that I did not finish was bleeding the brakes since I was alone. Finished it up today with the wife pumping the pedals.

All in all took 8 hours, longest part was cleaning and degreasing the swivel ball,hub assembly.

Changed out all seals

Replaced all bearings and races in swivel ball and insid hub

Repacked bearings for hub

Replaced front caliper

37" Tires can be mounted to a classic!  I had them on Colins old gold truck before he bought it from me... but the inner fender wells (water bottle relocation) as well as the body has to be seriously modified.

I would also recommend using Dana 60's under it as the HD Rover parts will implode. :rolleyes:

Guest Pedram

37" Tires can be mounted to a classic!  I had them on Colins old gold truck before he bought it from me... but the inner fender wells (water bottle relocation) as well as the body has to be seriously modified.

I would also recommend using Dana 60's under it as the HD Rover parts will implode. :rolleyes:

So you need to tap a few places with a hammer and your done. 15 minute job.