AdvRovr

New winch line! This one is green, which means it won’t break

fe206c7eb78db5710182bde3ab0a26f5.jpg

ec6c896ec42a343615f3ee791ce6bdeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmm green : )

But isn't that a Tahoe ; )...

Don't worry I didn't see anything

More prep for Death Valley trip next weekend. Built this platform based off dimensions found online, and installed a drawer fridge. Hoping it helps keep everything more organized as opposed to the giant pile-O-stuff I seem end up with.

Putting the cart before the horse a bit, as the dual battery kit hasn’t arrived yet..

19b0211b54cc8a0a4d9c6d4bd9eef58b.jpg

Nicely done! Looks clean and tidy. I've still got the wooden 2x4 "trial" platform in Snowflake from about 2 years ago for a test layout.. 

Worked so well we haven't replaced it. One of these days I'll update it and make the switch to something a bit more permanent.

But... if it isn't broke...

Didn't do anything too crazy today.

Picked up a new Milwaukee quik loc with the string trimmer attachment to mow down an area to begin the roofing festivities.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Outdoor-Power-Equipment/String-Trimmers/2825-20ST

Yet again, team red did not disappoint. Took care of almost the entire rear yard of 14" tall grass on a single battery.

Then, after come raking Eleven stepped in to haul off the clippings.

I expect Eleven will be on trailer shuttle duty tomorrow as we get materials in place.

Picked up a new Milwaukee quik loc with the string trimmer attachment to mow down an area to begin the roofing festivities.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Outdoor-Power-Equipment/String-Trimmers/2825-20ST

Yet again, team red did not disappoint. Took care of almost the entire rear yard of 14" tall grass on a single battery.

I expect Eleven will be on trailer shuttle duty tomorrow as we get materials in place.

Rough when the first job of roof duty is to mow the lawn

Weekend at home means catch up on my Rover to-do list.

Replaced my bent up tire carrier. Unfortunately it still isn’t high enough to fit my spare even though it’s supposedly made for an “oversized” tire. I will just have to buy one of those adapters to raise it up.

f3d686b4a31ea0d49bde6145c6a209ae.jpg

088f9875e35b62f5719da7c44e9fec27.jpg

Also put back my rear shaft after replacing 3 ujoints, the centering ball, and the axle side flange yoke. I also painted it green for strength.

64a152f47b827d9968475654c401ea5f.jpg

I installed a gas strut to help keep the rear open. The door is pretty heavy with a spare and also my storage compartment on the door. So it can be pretty annoying when trying to keep it open on trail when you’re tilted the wrong way. This should take care of it.

e4505342ee2656deb3e3b3819143de26.jpg

The tire carrier and rear door strut kit were both purchased from Devon 4x4. Driveshaft parts were purchased from Drivetrain America. The ujoints I used were Spicer 5-1310-1x, they have zerc fitting on the end of 1 bearing cap which I prefer to the internal zerc. The centering ball kit is a Rockford 404-0 CV Ball Centering Lot for a Greasable CV Yoke. The flange yoke is a Spicer 2-2-329 part number.

Edited by Elherbinator

I'm just waiting for my gas trimmer to die so I'll have an excuse to replace it with one of these.  Same for my leaf blower.  But I just can't (yet) convince myself to toss perfectly functional 2-stroke machines for magic pixies despite the ease-of-use factor.

I attempted to install my repaired wheel only to find they mis-drilled the lug holes.  So that was fun.  Took it down to them (twice, as they didn't open when they said they would) and dropped it off along with an extra hub from the parts truck to use as a template.

So since I couldn't play tire games I trimmed the ends off my sliders for a bit more clearance.  While in there I started eyeing some more extreme cutting that may yet happen.  Because sometimes the saw has a mind of it's own.

I'm just waiting for my gas trimmer to die so I'll have an excuse to replace it with one of these. Same for my leaf blower. But I just can't (yet) convince myself to toss perfectly functional 2-stroke machines for magic pixies despite the ease-of-use factor.

So what you are saying is that next time you use it there is a good chance you forget to use gas/oil mix ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So what you are saying is that next time you use it there is a good chance you forget to use gas/oil mix ;)

ha.... I once mixed an old outboard at 100:1 instead of 50:1.  I made it back - barely - and it locked solid once it cooled.  Game Over.

Sunday was spent preparing the grounds for steel working.

Since the ground was still a bit wet, I voluntold Eleven in place of the Silverado for shuttle duty.

21f7d7d406eb00fe9cd831ef606bd807.jpg

Pretty sure I've still got a good 200lb before I exceed tongue weight

(You can also see the huge "mowed" area courtesy of the Milwaukee weed trimmer with the 12ah battery ;) )

00d456be0a40930189189b86bbf628a8.jpg

00d6978009e6d986e50b27a1362bb2ea.jpg

3c32bfb8825a38fbfb79ce286f3aacf9.jpg

Sunday was spent preparing the grounds for steel working.

Since the ground was still a bit wet, I voluntold Eleven in place of the Silverado for shuttle duty.

21f7d7d406eb00fe9cd831ef606bd807.jpg

Pretty sure I've still got a good 200lb before I exceed tongue weight

(You can also see the huge "mowed" area courtesy of the Milwaukee weed trimmer with the 12ah battery ;) )

00d456be0a40930189189b86bbf628a8.jpg

00d6978009e6d986e50b27a1362bb2ea.jpg

3c32bfb8825a38fbfb79ce286f3aacf9.jpg

You just need some goats and a couple mules and you’d be set

You just need some goats and a couple mules and you’d be set

Previous owner had 46 goats.... They were... Everywhere.

I'm leaning towards a couple llamas or alpacas and a donkey ;).

@miles - that has to be the biggest tandem axle trailer I've ever seen!  And a bumper pull at that!  Yikes!

At 32ft (bed length - probably add another 5 feet for the A-frame) it is certainly a long one. Really odd that it isn't a gooseneck imho... 

Even with the 32ft bed length the load capacity is the same as the 20ft trailer...

The classic tow bar is tied directly into the frame - but yeah... Trailer only moved about 500 yards or so : )

At 32ft (bed length - probably add another 5 feet for the A-frame) it is certainly a long one. Really odd that it isn't a gooseneck imho... 

Even with the 32ft bed length the load capacity is the same as the 20ft trailer...

The classic tow bar is tied directly into the frame - but yeah... Trailer only moved about 500 yards or so : )

I wasn't so concerned about the RRC moving it around the property, more thinking about that much trailer on a standard hitch going 70 mph down the highway.  Tail...Dog...etc.

Then just yesterday I passed pretty much that exact setup headed up I5 with a Transit and full size pickup on the trailer being towed by a SRW GMC 3500.  So maybe I just never paid that much attention.  I assumed it would have say 3 7K axles under it.  The trailer must weigh close to 5000 alone.  Put a pair of 5000 lb vehicles on it and you can max it out pretty fast.  Then again I don't really deal with big trailers much so I'm just guessing.  I would however be willing to bet at least half if not more of the 4x4s you see on trailers are just on 3500 lb tandems and hence likely overloaded.