What Did You Do With Your Rover Today?

AdvRovr

Added some rear bumper support as I was getting pushed up into my rear quarter a little too much lately. This should fix it as it should be able to handle the full weight of the vehicle similar to my rock sliders. Also added a couple body washers to make up for the sag I am getting from my deformed body mounts in the rear. Pretty common issue with D2’s. If you rock crawl with your d2 then you probably have body mounts in similar condition.

IMG_6606.jpeg

IMG_6608.jpeg

IMG_6607.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this rear storage shelf for the D2 from Golden Rovers and installed it today. Easy install, about 30-60 minutes I’d estimate. Storage is always tight since I typically have dog crates and tools/parts with me when I go wheeling. So this unutilized portion of the inside space was a great spot to add a shelf. Will be nice for the tent, sleeping bags, duffels, etc. 

49EB9C86-6418-47D2-9E97-A246B216F1AA.jpeg

This weekend was a maintenance weekend for Snowflake. 

After the Mojave trip I root caused a few things and concluded that there likely was a leaky injector on the right bank due to measured catalytic converter temps over several cycles of varying lengths etc. Thankfully I had written down temp readings of both Tyler's and Gabriel's 3.9L powered range rover classics to keep as a baseline. This was very useful : ).

This weekend:

• Installed new injectors
  • Replaced the failed vacuum advance
  • Vacuumed / washed the truck
  • Dropped the front driveshaft and greased the centering ball. 
    • Grease was a bit cooked from the hot cats.. .but overall not too bad.

Hopefully this week Snowflake will find its way into the exhaust shop to have the fractured and broken exhaust system replaced. There may not be a single rattle left after this job : 0

image.png

16 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

This weekend was a maintenance weekend for Snowflake. 

After the Mojave trip I root caused a few things and concluded that there likely was a leaky injector on the right bank due to measured catalytic converter temps over several cycles of varying lengths etc. Thankfully I had written down temp readings of both Tyler's and Gabriel's 3.9L powered range rover classics to keep as a baseline. This was very useful : ).

This weekend:

• Installed new injectors
  • Replaced the failed vacuum advance
  • Vacuumed / washed the truck
  • Dropped the front driveshaft and greased the centering ball. 
    • Grease was a bit cooked from the hot cats.. .but overall not too bad.

Hopefully this week Snowflake will find its way into the exhaust shop to have the fractured and broken exhaust system replaced. There may not be a single rattle left after this job : 0

image.png

You don't want to completely replace the exhaust yourself at home?!

5 minutes ago, El Chapomint said:

You don't want to completely replace the exhaust yourself at home?!

Been there done that. Not the worst, but since I need new catalytic converters anyway, I'll let the pros do it. If just the muffler, I would do it no hesitation.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting the buggy Rovicon ready! Picked it up from DF Fabrication Friday. Put on some new rubber today. Found a cool little shop in Campbell that was willing to pop the rim off the old tires and press them into the new one. I still had to do the rest of the beadlock mounting, but that saved me a ton of time and effort. Very tough to find a shop that will mess with big tires and beadlocks. Lots of small things to do still, but it should be good to go by Thursday.

IMG_6941.jpeg

IMG_6935.jpeg

IMG_6934.jpeg

IMG_6938.jpeg

Can't wait to see that thing looks like a beast. Just finished prepping the old 110 for the Rubicon. She got some new bushings and a new winch rope. Now just waiting for a new EGT probe but not needed for the trip

Edited by lutz

Made some more progress around the house and the 110 is now in the garage. Good news is we did not have to deflate tires to get it in, but did have to push up on the door to clear.

Already... I'm a bit annoyed at the loss of space in the garage, so plans are forming on what needs to get done to get Roxy rolling.

Definitely fits better than Snowflake in there!

image.png

Progress continues on the rover fleet - Sunday managed to swap in the new exhaust from Robert's '91 SWB Classic.

It was not without struggles. Snowflake never had a rear silencer so the hangers and the rear bumper had to be... manipulated... to say it nicely.

Also fabbed up a nice heatshield from leftover material from the 110 project. Roofing shears made quick work of it.

image.png