First Annual Overland Event (April 10th - 16th)

44 minutes ago, jcb said:

I've tried not to shower from anything called a "guzzler" since college.  Don't ask.

I wonder if a full-body Mitchum dip is available.

It's real! I swear!

It is even called out on the USGS maps : - )

image.png

Had some peeps ask me what to expect on this run. Here is a very mild example of what to expect. Easy-peazy...! I know there are many more somewhat different sections (rocky hill climbs, deep sandy washes, cobbly crossings, etc.) but... nothing that the current list of trucks can't handle --)

--Paul

Here is a sequence from 5 years ago running SW from the area near Fort Piute to the Leiser-Ray mine. This was part of the joint NCLR/AZLRO Mojave Road run. On our EMHT trip, we will be running in the opposite direction. As you can see, it's pretty much rustic whoops. Great scenery.

--Paul

22 hours ago, PaulD said:

Here is a sequence from 5 years ago running SW from the area near Fort Piute to the Leiser-Ray mine. This was part of the joint NCLR/AZLRO Mojave Road run. On our EMHT trip, we will be running in the opposite direction. As you can see, it's pretty much rustic whoops. Great scenery.

--Paul

back when lots of hair on head was in style 🤣

Edited by Gotrovr

As the Unofficial Beer Sponsor...

Each truck will get a variety 6-pack of East Brother Beer Co Beer. 

• Bo Pils
  • Red Lager
  • Gold IPA
  • Red IPA
  • Oatmeal Stout
  • Lager Series: Maibock (Spring seasonal release) 

I'll be sure to have some extra beer and swag along too. So, please leave a little room in your coolers/fridges for some beer. I can also pass along a club discount and deliver to Needles if you need to stock up for the week. 

Alright back to trip prep...  

3 hours ago, Motobrewer said:

As the Unofficial Beer Sponsor...

Each truck will get a variety 6-pack of East Brother Beer Co Beer. 

• Bo Pils
  • Red Lager
  • Gold IPA
  • Red IPA
  • Oatmeal Stout
  • Lager Series: Maibock (Spring seasonal release) 

I'll be sure to have some extra beer and swag along too. So, please leave a little room in your coolers/fridges for some beer. I can also pass along a club discount and deliver to Needles if you need to stock up for the week. 

Alright back to trip prep...  

I WILL be taking you up on this! 

Just got word my passenger is flying into San Jose the Friday before the trip (8th) so looks like we can be part of a convoy if folks are interested.

I'll post details up later for our trip plans to needles at least. Snowflake will be in the slow lane and in the even slower lane if I decide to bring the trailer. 🤣

12 hours ago, Gotrovr said:

RE: Convoy?   I plan on leaving Sat morning from Santa Cruz.....   Btw   Paul snores pretty loud....   So I booked a room 4/9 at the Rio Del Sol Inn at Needless...

wow! Will so not even the same hotel ha ha!

How many Range Rover Classics are attending?

I spent 8 hours making a mount and installing my ARB dual compressor & locker valves this weekend and still the switches are not hooked up😐

Edited by SLOHybrid

Less than 3 weeks out and trying to prioritize projects. Do I need a few jerry cans mounted on board? With stops in towns Tuesday and Thursday, I'm leaning towards putting them in the "nice to have" category and not the "must have". Am I wrong? I have the cans, just would need to get them rack mounted. I recognize the question fully reveals my noobiness and the gear list does say to bring extra fuel so...Ok.

Edited by CRYA

2 hours ago, CRYA said:

Less than 3 weeks out and trying to prioritize projects. Do I need a few jerry cans mounted on board? With stops in towns Tuesday and Thursday, I'm leaning towards putting them in the "nice to have" category and not the "must have". Am I wrong? I have the cans, just would need to get them rack mounted. I recognize the question fully reveals my noobiness and the gear list does say to bring extra fuel so...Ok.

I am just carrying 1   5 gallon Gerry can and that should be fine and I get 10-12mpg.. we are & will all be friends here so someone can always offer up spare fuel or tools if something goes wrong .. it is not The "grand Tour"🙂

23 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

Just got word my passenger is flying into San Jose the Friday before the trip (8th) so looks like we can be part of a convoy if folks are interested.

I'll post details up later for our trip plans to needles at least. Snowflake will be in the slow lane and in the even slower lane if I decide to bring the trailer. 🤣

9 hours of "Are we there yet?" I'm down. My in-laws are in town so I will be trying to get on the road as early as possible. 

13 hours ago, SLOHybrid said:

How many Range Rover Classics are attending?

I spent 8 hours making a mount and installing my ARB dual compressor & locker valves this weekend and still the switches are not hooked up😐

Definitely interested in seeing how you ended up setting up the dual ARB. I stashed mine in the passenger rear quarter and used a left-over air suspension reservoir from a LWB.

You still have two weekends to figure it out ;). !