First Annual Overland Event (April 10th - 16th)

16 hours ago, CRYA said:

Yeah buddy! Hamstudy FTW. Scored 35/35 today. And within two hours had my call sign KN6SNX. Guess I need to learn how to actually use a radio now lol 

That's how the FCC (or who ever) wants HAMs to run these days. Gone are the required Morse Code tests... They want you to get out there, find and "Elmer" and learn by doing.

--Paul

If you are interested to attend this trip don't forget to vote for the date that best works for you - survey closes January 31st.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CVHY76F

Next week after the survey closes additional detail and itinerary will be posted.

• Mr.BlueSky changed the title to First Annual Overland Event (April 10th - 16th)

Let's see... 412 miles @ 14 MPG in the RRC... About 30 gallons of premium @ 5 per... So my vacation will only cost $150...! Is there a GoFundMe for that???

Seriously... This will be awesome. Bring your drones kids!

--Paul

That's a well-developed itinerary. Thanks for developing this! Out of curiosity, which days provide for opportunity for water refill. Stated another way, how many "days" of water should we plan on carrying?

Is registration opening on the 10th still?

On 2/8/2022 at 6:27 PM, CRYA said:

That's a well-developed itinerary. Thanks for developing this! Out of curiosity, which days provide for opportunity for water refill. Stated another way, how many "days" of water should we plan on carrying?

Is registration opening on the 10th still?

If I recall we carried roughly 20 gallons of water for the entire week for three people. 

There will likely be refill opportunities on Tuesday  - Primm, NV 

and on Thursday - Baker, CA

6 minutes ago, Gotrovr said:

FYI   

Missing "New Defender" as a choice when selecting the Roverland Vehicle Model with store page for EMHT event 

I was trying not to discriminate : ). We will improve for next year!

9 hours ago, pilotgabe said:

Awwwww man, we have plans that week already to go overland in the Baja. It's our son's spring break. Next time hopefully!!

BTW, I am a member, why does my avatar tag say Guest?? lol

@pilotgabe I'll look into this and get back to you directly.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it : (.

8 hours ago, El Chapomint said:

I'm signed up! LFG!

Nice! Curios is there any way to see sort of a roster of who’s in? Just wondering the rig count and whether I should even be mentioning to my non-club amigos. 

15 hours ago, CRYA said:

Nice! Curios is there any way to see sort of a roster of who’s in? Just wondering the rig count and whether I should even be mentioning to my non-club amigos. 

I've added an attendees list in the first post. As of now we have 6 open slots for members. Registration for non-members will open up on March 28th.

Here are the vehicle requirements and such from the sign-up page. This will save me a couple of clicks, and once it sells out, I am guessing that it will be hard to find again, and I will need to remind myself of the couple of things that I need to pickup for the event. 

About 2022 Annual Roverland Event: EMHT Seg. 1 & 2 (Driver)

Minimum Vehicle Requirements

• Mechanically Sound Rover (as best as they are)
  • Working E-Brake/Parking Brake
  • 30" tires including full-size spare
  • Recovery Points front and rear
  • Center Differential Lock (CDL) (or other modern equivalent)

Minimum Gear Requirements:

• Enough water for each participant for multiple days
  • Extra Fuel
  • Spare parts and tools
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • First Aid kit

Recommended Vehicle Requirements and gear:

• Armor (rear bumpers, diff guards, sliders)
  • Working winch
  • Vehicle Jack and Tire patch kit
  • Shovel

It is very possible to complete this event without damage, however broken axles, CV's, body damage, etc. are not uncommon. NCLR is not liable for any damages. Enter at your own risk. 

At a minimum, you should expect:

• Pinstripes are 100% going to happen. Divorce yourself from your paint now.
  • There are many steep drops and rises in and out of washes, depending on what this year's winter brings, the roads could be fine, or a washed out disaster. Vehicles that have low profile front and rear bumpers may see scuffing/contact.