First Annual Overland Event (April 10th - 16th)

My trip report can't EVEN be initiated until I give a HUGE shout-out to our esteemed, young and talented President...! Miles did such and AWESOME job researching, guiding and narrating this epic adventure.. I am quite certain NO current-day 4WD club has EVER raised the bar this high...!

So... I am working on my version of the re-cap. Meantime, I add 12 more pics to the google drive photo page.

While I'm at it.. HUGE thanks to Yokrieger and Gotrovr for helping me out with the "on-the-trail" shock removal process.

Cheers,

Paul

Leiser_Ray_1.jpg

Shock_Mount_1.jpg

Shock_Mount_2.jpg

Patches are here!

image.png

As I get time over the next few days I'll reach out to you all to see how you want to receive them.

We also have a good bit of swag left over, so if you want to order anything extra let me know:

• Extra patches: $5.00
  • Extra Stickers: $2.50
  • Extra T-shirts: $20.00 (we have a few L and XL, and maybe one extra S)

On 4/18/2022 at 8:31 PM, pilotgabe said:

I'll upload drone footage and photos to the drive...I hope there's lot's of GB's of storage haha.

We have all the GB's : ). 

Once folks have all their photos and videos up I'll work on putting together a quick video from those and some drone footage.

22 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

Patches are here!

image.png

As I get time over the next few days I'll reach out to you all to see how you want to receive them.

We also have a good bit of swag left over, so if you want to order anything extra let me know:

• Extra patches: $5.00
  • Extra Stickers: $2.50
  • Extra T-shirts: $20.00 (we have a few L and XL, and maybe one extra S)

I’ll take an XL shirt and another patch. My shirt shrunk on me, or the East Brother expanded me…

I finally put out the fires that started while I was on the trip and got around to uploading photos/videos and posting my “debriefing” thoughts.

I enjoyed the trip immensely. I enjoyed interactions with the everyone on the trip, the opportunity to explore

and learn new things, and last, but not the least, driving a capable car through a beautiful terrain.

All of this was possible THANKS TO (in no particular order):

EVERYONE being such great companions. I do not remember when I felt so comfortable within a seemingly disparate group of people with different background, occupations, and views. This is priceless!

Miles and Johann test driving the route before leading everyone on this great adventure.

Miles sharing his knowledge about the history of the place, and most importantly, liberally spreading his highly contagious enthusiasm for it.

Will providing his five star shower facility.

Jeff being such a great company, making eggs and bacon for the “last” breakfast, and driving me for 3 hours to Barstow and back to get the ignition coil. One of the few things we agreed on in terms of public policy was the harsher punishment for auto parts store clerks that sell you a wrong part.

Miles and Andrew sticking with me on a slow drive to Barstow (me driving on 7 out of 8 cylinders), where I finally got the correct coil.

——————————————————————————————

I uploaded photos and videos to the google photos.

The photos are mostly similar to the better versions taken by people who know how to do it better, although look for the apple cobbler sharing the shot with Miles.

The videos from the mines might be interesting to those who chose not to crawl in. I showed them to my kids and was told that (1) “You are all crazy to have gone into the mines”; (2) “You have to take us with you the next time you go”.

Thank you all for the wonderful trip and hope to do this again. In the meantime, hope to see you at whatever next outing I can come to.

14 hours ago, jcb said:

Extra patch, 2 extra stickers and one L and one XL shirt if all still available, please!

Got it! Our esteemed quartermaster will be helping out next week in getting these shipped out. 

I'll try to pull the remaining quantities of gear and post here.

2 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

Got it! Our esteemed quartermaster will be helping out next week in getting these shipped out. 

I'll try to pull the remaining quantities of gear and post here.

I'd love to get another L-size t-shirt if any are left.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:50 AM, SDS said:

Jeff being such a great company, making eggs and bacon for the “last” breakfast, and driving me for 3 hours to Barstow and back to get the ignition coil. One of the few things we agreed on in terms of public policy was the harsher punishment for auto parts store clerks that sell you a wrong part.

Miles and Andrew sticking with me on a slow drive to Barstow (me driving on 7 out of 8 cylinders), where I finally got the correct coil.

Such a bummer about the coil, I wish I would've known and still been with the group, I had an LR3 coil with me...

On 4/30/2022 at 8:23 AM, pilotgabe said:

Such a bummer about the coil, I wish I would've known and still been with the group, I had an LR3 coil with me...

I have an extra coil now too.

This of course means that it will not be the problem next time :) 

Edited by SDS