2021 Annual Event (OFFICIAL) Thread!

Hello Folks!

It certainly has been an interesting year - yet again 2021 has challenged the board in bringing you an event, but we have a solidified plan at last!

Please read below for the annual event details and instructions.

What: The 2021 Annual Event 

When: Friday October 8th through Sunday October 10th 

Where: Lower Dinkey Creek Campground - https://goo.gl/maps/xRAPxckK5Gz9ai7VA

Directions from Shaver Lake Gas

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Shaver+Lake+Gas,+Tollhouse+Road,+Shaver+Lake,+CA/Lower+Dinkey+Creek+Campground,+Shaver+Lake,+CA+93664/@37.0805704,-119.2807071,12.5z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x8095b60ecfd89953:0xcf6b2f20376eeb82!2m2!1d-119.3188181!2d37.106879!1m5!1m1!1s0x8095bbeec79272a7:0x539c7bb9e798f62a!2m2!1d-119.1556743!2d37.0716132!3e0

image.pngimage.png

Camping

NCLR is providing 15 camping sites for anyone who chooses to stay in campground on a first post, first serve basis.

If you are planning on camping in the Dinkey Creek Campground please make sure to post here to reserve a site.

The following amenities are available at the Dinkey Creek Campground:

• Tent camping,
  • Camping trailer,
  • Picnic tables,
  • Toilets, (Vault and Flush)
  • Drinking water,
  • Parking

Sites are each assigned to the club member that helped us book them (4 site limit per person). So when checking in please look for these names and or sign in under them.

• Sites 77/82/83/84 - Reserved by Eric Herbert
  • Sites 78/79/80/81 - Reserved by Miles Wynn
  • Sites 85/86/87/89 - Reserved by Mario Bergstrom
  • Sites 90/91/92 - Reserved by Johann Krieger

Fires are currently not allowed due to the high fire risk, we ask that you bring your portable stoves as needed for meals. 

Additional Dinkey Creek Campground Informationhttps://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sierra/recarea/?recid=45430

Cabins

Cabins may be available and can be reserved by calling the Dinkey Creek Inn and General Store:

http://dinkey-general-store.edan.io/

The cabins are in the same vicinity as the campground.

The club will not be organizing or booking cabin stays.

image.png

image.png

Fires and Forest Orders

Currently two forest orders are in effect, the first prohibits all open flame fires whether it be in a grill, firepit, portable pit, or otherwise.

The second forest order has closed some hiking trails but should not affect us.

Forest Orders are attached for your reading pleasure.

If you wish to have a portable gas powered stove or other device you must fill out your campfire permit here:

https://www.readyforwildfire.org/permits/campfire-permit/

Fire Restrictions.pdf Trail Closures.pdf

Tentative Agenda

• Friday 2:00 PM - Campsites are available for check-in
  • Friday Evening - Folks roll in, free evening.
  • Saturday Morning - Organized Trail Runs (if folks wish to remain in camp or explore the Shaver Lake town/area they are free to do so)
  • Saturday Evening - Chili Cookoff!!!
    • Bring a big pot and all the ingredients and make your best chili ; ).
    • We might judge the winner for a prize (TBD)
  • Saturday Evening - Swap Meet Style Raffle
    • Have old Rover parts laying around? Old camping gear? Bring it in and exchange it for tickets to the swap meet raffle!
    • In addition to the swap meet items there will be a few items donated to the raffle by several members/NCLR.
  • Sunday 12:00PM - Campsites must be cleared by noon

We'll be there! One Rover, two dogs, two little girls and my wife 😁 We'll all be there 🧏‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤸‍♀️🧍‍♀️🐩🐕🚙

Site for camping please. 

Edited by bandykins

I’ll be there. It’ll be either myself and a dog, or Myself and Merlyn with 2 dogs. Should be fun! It’ll give the club a chance to play on some of the fun obstacles on Bald we normally don’t get the chance to when there’s snow.

18 minutes ago, Mffoster said:

Leigh Anne and I will be coming, please save one tent site for us. New neighbor with a slightly built LR4 would like to join club, will encourage him to come. 

Keep in mind that this is a member o my event. So your neighbor will have to be a current member to attend.

Hopefully it's not too late for me to join this event/party.  Let me know.

If work doesn't get in the way,  There's a 50% chance of me making it to this event.  I have a 2004 DII w/2" lift, recovery points both front and back, HD rear bumper, HD steering rod, ham radio, no winch.  Some experience off-roading! :)

I'll be leaving the Bay Area early morning Saturday (6 hr drive) and then will shoot to join the organized trail run.  What's the est start time for the trail runs (for easy or med rated)?  Anyone leaving the Bay Area Saturday morning and wants to caravan - let me know.  

Also I have a roof top tent (small foot print) and just need a Saturday night stay, participate in the $$ raffle, and then leave after bfast Sunday or another trail run.  Anyone want to share their spot (one vehicle parking w/roof top tent)?  I'll just pay my share!  

And I'll be using my jetboil to make coffee for myself Sunday morning (and anyone else who wants one) which I am assuming does not need a permit!

Cheers!

Edited by LandRonB