2021 Annual Event (OFFICIAL) Thread!

Hey Ron! We plan to leave Saturday morning - could possibly caravan. Though, that will be dependent on getting kid into car, wife getting coffee, (things outside my control). What time are you thinking of leaving and from where? 

Looks to be 4hr drive from San Jose. And happy to share one site Sat night & split that site cost - we'll be on a ground tent. we do have a 18mo... but he's good sleeping in a tent. Lmk. 

52 minutes ago, LandRonB said:

Hopefully I am not too late for me to join this event/party.  Let me know.

If work doesn't get in the way,  There's a 50% chance of me making it to this event.  I have a 2004 DII w/2" lift, recovery points both front and back, HD rear bumper, HD steering rod, ham radio, no winch.  Some experience off-roading! :)

I'll be leaving the Bay Area early morning Saturday (6 hr drive) and then will shoot to join the organized trail run.  What's the est start time for the trail runs (for easy or med rated)?  Anyone leaving the Bay Area Saturday morning and wants to caravan - let me know.  

Also I have a roof top tent (small foot print) and just need a Saturday night stay, participate in the $$ raffle, and then leave after bfast Sunday or another trail run.  Anyone want to share their spot (one vehicle parking w/roof top tent)?  I'll just pay my share!  

And I'll be using my jetboil to make coffee for myself Sunday morning (and anyone else who wants one) which I am assuming does not need a permit!

Cheers!

Edited by lithium1330

4 hours ago, lithium1330 said:

Hey Ron! We plan to leave Saturday morning - could possibly caravan. Though, that will be dependent on getting kid into car, wife getting coffee, (things outside my control). What time are you thinking of leaving and from where? 

Looks to be 4hr drive from San Jose. And happy to share one site Sat night & split that site cost - we'll be on a ground tent. we do have a 18mo... but he's good sleeping in a tent. Lmk. 

Hey Chris, I know what you mean.  Lol.  I was in your shoes many moons ago with two kids, and trying to get them ready for camping or any 4x4 club events, and comfortable during the trip and at the events.  From infant to toddler to grade school level, I dragged my kids to these events and they had fun (eventually).  It's a test of patience and understanding for sure.  Now both of my kids are grown-up (one a sophomore college, and the other college in less than 2 years).   You will be at  your kids pace of travel so no worries.  I will just meet you and your family @ Shaver Lake! :)  Do you have a camp site already?  Is there space in your campsite for DII w/RTT?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Motz_the_lr3 said:

Anyone in Elk Grove / Sacramento area going to the event? I will not be able to make it but I have a prize to donate and was wondering if someone can take the item to the site! 

I am in Sac! I'll be headed out Friday afternoon. I'd be happy to help out.

11 hours ago, LandRonB said:

Hopefully it's not too late for me to join this event/party.  Let me know.

If work doesn't get in the way,  There's a 50% chance of me making it to this event.  I have a 2004 DII w/2" lift, recovery points both front and back, HD rear bumper, HD steering rod, ham radio, no winch.  Some experience off-roading! :)

I'll be leaving the Bay Area early morning Saturday (6 hr drive) and then will shoot to join the organized trail run.  What's the est start time for the trail runs (for easy or med rated)?  Anyone leaving the Bay Area Saturday morning and wants to caravan - let me know.  

Also I have a roof top tent (small foot print) and just need a Saturday night stay, participate in the $$ raffle, and then leave after bfast Sunday or another trail run.  Anyone want to share their spot (one vehicle parking w/roof top tent)?  I'll just pay my share!  

And I'll be using my jetboil to make coffee for myself Sunday morning (and anyone else who wants one) which I am assuming does not need a permit!

Cheers!

Ron, glad to have you join us!

The forest service does require a permit for gas powered devices - so to be on the safe side here is the link. 

It is essentially an online quiz and a print out ; ).

There should still be plenty of space open so just head on in - no fees for the campsites. Club is buying!

https://www.readyforwildfire.org/permits/campfire-permit/

sounds good, Ron! see you there.
Wife is proposing we leave at 6am. So... let's see who gets there first! :D

6 hours ago, LandRonB said:

Hey Chris, I know what you mean.  Lol.  I was in your shoes many moons ago with two kids, and trying to get them ready for camping or any 4x4 club events, and comfortable during the trip and at the events.  From infant to toddler to grade school level, I dragged my kids to these events and they had fun (eventually).  It's a test of patience and understanding for sure.  Now both of my kids are grown-up (one a sophomore college, and the other college in less than 2 years).   You will be at  your kids pace of travel so no worries.  I will just meet you and your family @ Shaver Lake! :)  Do you have a camp site already?  Is there space in your campsite for DII w/RTT?  Thanks!

Sadly this looks like the first time I won't make an Annual.  This year they've moved fleet week and it overlaps - I have standing commitments to run boats for the weekend.

I will however be sending special raffle surprises along in my place.  

Have fun everybody!

9 hours ago, drafdog said:

What trails are going to be run?

We don't yet have a set plan. I'd expect bald mountain to be run for sure. We should have more details by Friday night.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:50 PM, afmuro said:

Just found a rear pinion leak today. If I can get it fixed Friday I will head up Saturday am from SF. Will know more tomorrow. Would try for cabin or solo crash in cargo area of P38 TORO.

Couldn't get er fixed. I am gonna be here watching the Blue Angels. Boo! Yay!