2021 Annual Event (OFFICIAL) Thread!

Thank you to everyone who could make it out to the event! It was great seeing you all there! Overall it was a nice relaxed annual this year. For those that couldn't make it, I hope we can catch up soon!

On Friday folks started arriving in mid after-noon to late evening. We set up camp, then hung around the communal propane pit and shared stories well into the evening.Β 

Saturday morning was a relaxed start getting up in the morning and cooking breakfast. Around 10:30 we hit the road and began the trail up Bald Mountain.

image.png

We had a few get hung up on some more challenging lines but only briefly - in all, the trail went smoothly.Β 

Right before the last hill climb I jumped out to check on a clanging noise - it turns out the driver side rear shock on Eleven snapped and the spring was resting just outside the perch. Oliver gave a quick assist with the Hi-Lift and we were on our way.

image.png

We made it to the lookout tower around 1:00 or so and hung out there for a late lunch.

image.png

Around 2:00 a few of the group headed back early to start the chili cooking! The remainders stayed up on the mountain and played on the obstacles.

Once everyone was back in camp the chili cookoff was well underway. We had 5 chili chefs this year, enough to feed everyone at least twice! While the chili was served and folks were eating the board members set up the raffle and took tickets. The raffle, a mixture of donated and swap meet items went really well and almost everyone took a prize ; ). Thank you again to everyone who donated or swapped goods this year.

Sunday morning, we all woke up, packed, said our goodbyes and hit the road - but not before Colin gave LMTV driving lessons : ).

Β 

Β 

Good times fellas. It was nice to see some folks I don’t get to always see and also meet some new friends. Bald Mountain worked out well as an Annual trail. It allows a mix of vehicles to run the same trail together but all have plenty of line options to suit your vehicle from mild to wild. We initially drove pretty much straight to the top in a pretty efficient style. On the way back, the later group got in a little more play time taking on a bunch of optional lines. It was cool to see some of the newer guys challenging themselves and really testing their vehicles and also cool to see Colin doing his usual Colin things on trail. And if an obstacle was more than you wanted, there would always be another line choice or two that would be manageable. Hopefully we can make it out there more in the summer.

3 hours ago, PaulD said:

So what was the horrible "oil event" on Snowflake???

--Paul

It was either a cry to be left alone for the weekend, or the end of life for a stock oil line.

Essentially one of the oil cooler lines sprung a jet of oil right into the exhaust manifold.

Β 

35 minutes ago, Renorover said:

Looks like alot fun I wish we could have made it but good ol work can be a real ass. I figure it's time to quit or tell the boss to pound sand so we won't miss the next one.

We certainly missed you all!!!! We will catch up next timeΒ  : )

Γ—
Γ—