Sign ups are live for Rovicon 3! The event will be held Friday through Sunday / Monday, 8/20-22 or 23. The possible Monday will be a run back to Loon Lake starting Sunday instead of going out the Tahoe side through Cadillac Hill. I am planning on leading a group back, but it is kind of up in the air depending on interest. It will also allow trailered vehicles to avoid having to drive on actual pavement.

Sign ups are currently for members only. Non member sign ups will be available later for a higher price. We will be capping the number of drivers at 35 and we do anticipate hitting that number. So get your calendar figured out and sign up before it’s too late.

Vehicle requirements are listed in the description on the Rovicon sign up item in the store. This will again be a trip for solid axles trucks only. So no late model, independent suspension vehicles like LR3/4’s or L322’s. Other requirements include a locker and 32” tires. Any specific questions can be directed to myself, Don, or Greg.

This will be the third consecutive year and our biggest and best yet. With all the event cancellations that happened last year, we are one of the current longest consecutive Rubicon events out there! We will have more drivers, more swag, and more trail options this year!

http://norcalrovers.org/forum/index.php?/store/product/81-2021-rovicon-driver/

3500fbfcb9cb03976bcb5ff37ecc6fb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elherbinator

I. AM. READY.

Last year absolutely fantastic and I feel confident in saying that everyone had a stellar time.  Looking forward to another great event, with great rovers, and even greater people!

Thanks in advance for the work Eric, Greg, and Don are putting into making this event a reality.

Were super excited to run it again with the club. We're all signed up and can't wait to be out on the rubicon with all my rover buddies, now I just need to make sure the rover works then.

Were super excited to run it again with the club. We're all signed up and can't wait to be out on the rubicon with all my rover buddies, now I just need to make sure the rover works then.

What will you be bringing...

Is the RRC going to be ready?

I thought so until I took it for a drive!!

Heading out on Sunday to look at the transmission and see if we can get it to shift properly.  Wasn't wanting to properly move out of 1st or 2nd.

Also lost the PS Pump, so ordered the GM conversion and should be able to install that on Sunday.

I picked up bead-locks with 37 SuperSwampers too, not sure when I'll put those on...but soon probably, need to see if they are decent.

I’m going to do everything I can to make it this year. Always an event I wanted to attend and a top of my bucket list trail to do. Rover is all set and ready. I just need camping tips. Never camped on a trail before.

If you drink enough, it becomes morning almost instantaneously. And all camping is, is making it to morning. That and bring food and something to sleep in. I won’t even bring a tent. Just a pad and bag for the back of the D2

If you drink enough, it becomes morning almost instantaneously. And all camping is, is making it to morning. That and bring food and something to sleep in. I won’t even bring a tent. Just a pad and bag for the back of the D2

Two tall dudes in an D2 would be really cozy... just saying.

But August, really hot so tent is more for some privacy if needed.

Lots of people just sleep on a pad in a sleeping bag.

But some drinks and the fact that the trail gives toll on the body sleeping is easy.

Ready made foods or mountain House are easy. Gallon of water person per day.

There's quite of few portable toilets out on the trail too.

Two tall dudes in an D2 would be really cozy... just saying.

But August, really hot so tent is more for some privacy if needed.

Lots of people just sleep on a pad in a sleeping bag.

But some drinks and the fact that the trail gives toll on the body sleeping is easy.

Ready made foods or mountain House are easy. Gallon of water person per day.

There's quite of few portable toilets out on the trail too.

Also might be worth tossing in some earplugs to save you from the Midnight Motley Crue concerts. ; )

Haha, I like that idea although the next morning for driving would be tough. I have the D2 set up for sleeping inside. like Greg says, I'm a tall dude so not the greatest but I think we will take 2 tents. Do you guys wake up to cook in the morning on the trail or just quick coffees and cold sandwiches or similar.

I generally don’t do breakfast, but sometimes I’ll do a quick MRE. I do bring coffee though. That is a must, especially on the Rubicon because you won’t get a ton of sleep. Besides our late campfires, groups blasting music will be rolling through at all hours of the night / morning. I think if you want to keep it simple and easy, going the MRE route is the best. Just bring something to boil water with and water. They aren’t the fanciest, but some are pretty tasty plus it’ll save a lot of space and time

Haha, I like that idea although the next morning for driving would be tough. I have the D2 set up for sleeping inside. like Greg says, I'm a tall dude so not the greatest but I think we will take 2 tents. Do you guys wake up to cook in the morning on the trail or just quick coffees and cold sandwiches or similar.

I see both, those who enjoy their mornings and move slow with a cooked breakfast and then others like Don who brew coffee while warming up the rig then roll!

All works out, truth be told lots of traffic on the trail so always opportunity to grab food and get out of the car.

It has come to my attention that we have a little hiccup with the club store in regards to the Rovicon Registration item. It currently shows that we are “out of stock”. That is not true. We have 6 driver spots available. This will be fixed shortly. So if you tried to signup and could not, please try again tomorrow.

The store issue has been fixed. Any club member who wants to can now register for the Rovicon. There are 6 spots available, so grab them quickly if you want to come. Passenger spots are also available, but those are unlimited so long as you can find a seat to ride in.