Great American Rover Rally (Take 2) in Moab Sept 13-17

For those that haven't heard, the Great American Rover Rally has been rescheduled to September 2021.

Background info can be found here:

https://www.greatamericanroverrally.com

When: September 13th - 17th

Where: Moab, Utah

Theresa and I are still signed up from when they shifted the event in 2020 due to the Rona.

Who else is planning on going? Might be fun to drive out/show up as a club : ).

Julia and I are still signed up as well i think we are planning to get to moab on the 11th and roll home on the 19th. Still not exactly sure where we are gonna stay but we talked about renting a house for the week so if we do im sure there is room for others to stay with us and I think my folks are planning to head there too.

The other place we were gonna look into was moab rim camp park. We have stayed there alot, just about every time we go to moab, they have nice tent spots and showers and are dog/working on your broken truck friendly. As it gets closer if anyone wants to coordinate some sort of togetherness were in for sure. Plus if anyone wants to do some more primitive camping in the area were up for that as well honestly any time spent in moab is time well spent.

I would like to attend and will also join the group for camping or motel accommodation.

The GARR website is currently having difficulties processing payments and I will try again later.

Edit - now registered

Edited by RobertDingli

Planning to get up there a few days early to prerun a few trails be for the event .Going to tow the 110 up with the ford . Haven't decided if im going to put the camper on it or rent something.

if were up there early as well and you dont mind we would love to join you on a couple pre runs, i promise to try and not be too big a pain on the trail.

if were up there early as well and you dont mind we would love to join you on a couple pre runs, i promise to try and not be too big a pain on the trail.

Every body is welcome to join. The plan to lead these trails for the rally. Poison Spider Mesa,Moab Rim,Top of the World so they will be the pre run trails.I need to get off my butt and put a cage in the rover.

I'm planning to be there as a trail leader as well.  Will tow the D1 out a few days early to pre-run; possibly leaving on the Friday prior but haven't planned that far in advance.

We might be able to swing a Friday departure. I'll keep this in mind ; ).

• 4 weeks later...

Leigh Anne and I have made a refundable booking at the Best Western Greenwell Inn from 9/9 to 9/18. We stayed at this hotel last Sept. Location is great, in the middle of town so walkable to all restaurants etc. Cost about $220/night for the refundable rate if you join the Best Western rewards program. We would really prefer to stay with other members of the club, whether that’s camping or whatever. Just booked this to have something set.

A little south of this hotel is the Canyonlands RV and campground. That’s where the Oxford in America group stayed last fall. They have tent sites, little cabins and RV sites available. It is reasonably walkable to the center of town, a possible place if we wanted to get our group all together. Not sure of the cancellation policy though.

Would be great if there’s a consensus on a hotel/campground for club members.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leigh Anne and I have made a refundable booking at the Best Western Greenwell Inn from 9/9 to 9/18. We stayed at this hotel last Sept. Location is great, in the middle of town so walkable to all restaurants etc. Cost about $220/night for the refundable rate if you join the Best Western rewards program. We would really prefer to stay with other members of the club, whether that’s camping or whatever. Just booked this to have something set.

A little south of this hotel is the Canyonlands RV and campground. That’s where the Oxford in America group stayed last fall. They have tent sites, little cabins and RV sites available. It is reasonably walkable to the center of town, a possible place if we wanted to get our group all together. Not sure of the cancellation policy though.

Would be great if there’s a consensus on a hotel/campground for club members.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Theresa and I are planning on camping - as to where - we haven't looked to closely at that yet.

• 1 month later...

I would like to go -- but am not committing just yet. So if I understand correctly, unlike the WNLRR event there's no event-based group camping such that folks go their separate ways in the evening unless they're linked up like folks are contemplating here?

The GARR website currently says: 

Currently, we are trying to coordinate camping for event participants on the Old Spanish Trail Arena property. We will update the event website as this develops with details.

Seems that they've had a couple of years to plan this event so I'm wondering if that's still the case or if they've just thrown in the towel. Whatever this group ends up doing please make room for me -- I need to clear a few things before I 100% commit, but I'd like to join. 

Edited by LP Rover

Does anyone know what "WiX mobile App" they are referring to, to sign up for the trails?

"To sign up for trails you have 2 options:

1. Sign up through the WiX mobile app and acces early registration."

I have not signed up for the event yet but I wanted to see the trails that they are going to run.

Only app i found on App Store is the Wix app where you can create your own website. 

I would like to go -- but am not committing just yet. So if I understand correctly, unlike the WNLRR event there's no event-based group camping such that folks go their separate ways in the evening unless they're linked up like folks are contemplating here?

The GARR website currently says: 

Currently, we are trying to coordinate camping for event participants on the Old Spanish Trail Arena property. We will update the event website as this develops with details.

Seems that they've had a couple of years to plan this event so I'm wondering if that's still the case or if they've just thrown in the towel. Whatever this group ends up doing please make room for me -- I need to clear a few things before I 100% commit, but I'd like to join. 

Yeah... I haven't heard anything nor do I have plans yet…. too far out to be on my radar just yet. The only plan I have so far is that I expect Snowflake is gonna get trailer queened for this one ; ).

Does anyone know what "WiX mobile App" they are referring to, to sign up for the trails?

"To sign up for trails you have 2 options:

1. Sign up through the WiX mobile app and acces early registration."

I have not signed up for the event yet but I wanted to see the trails that they are going to run.

Only app i found on App Store is the Wix app where you can create your own website. 

And no idea.... 

I have just booked a cabin (2x2 bunk beds) at Canyonlands RV Park. The total cost for five nights (Sept 12-17) was $577.

They have one more similar cabin available. Camp sites are $44+. Cancellation is free if cancelled over 7 days prior.

I have just booked a cabin (2x2 bunk beds) at Canyonlands RV Park. The total cost for five nights (Sept 12-17) was $577.

They have one more similar cabin available. Camp sites are $44+. Cancellation is free if cancelled over 7 days prior.

$577 ain’t bad. Hotels are a bit pricey for the Marriott brand, and that with my industry discount code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea thats not bad . im still looking into a few spots .found few homes on Airbnb right near event that might work if a get two room mates about 270 a night for a 3bd house. Just need to make sure i have trailer parking.If not maybe the KOA next to event