DV in April

looks like I’m out for this one, trying to get my new meds dialed in & having some issues! I hope you all have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bummer - haven't wheeled with you in quite a while!  But hey, you've still got a week to sort the Rx out - plenty of time, right??

Theresa and I are out as well. Sadly, I need to focus on being an adult and I'll be spending this week getting my roof completed. 

That said... if anyone wants to learn about sheet metal roofing systems and drink free beer.... 

I know a guy.

Adulting is not an adequate excuse.  I'm willing to donate a couple HF blue tarps to the roof project so you can come.

Sorry guys. I am also going to have to pull out. I have a work event where I will be part of a virtual discussion panel.

What??  No!!!  What part of "virtual" are you not understanding?

LOOKS  like an awesome trip guys & gals.. I as usual have transfer box issues and am bowing out :(  I want vids of Don doing the Defense mine waterfall.. you could really do it Don

Hey now, if you don't come who's going to fix the random RRC ignition problems?

Adulting is not an adequate excuse. I'm willing to donate a couple HF blue tarps to the roof project so you can come.

What?? No!!! What part of "virtual" are you not understanding?

Hey now, if you don't come who's going to fix the random RRC ignition problems?

Well... If you donate a Chernobyl-esque rolling cover for the entire house you have a deal ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Will do not roll the Disco 6 on Defense mine ok :P

Don, Never had ignition problems but we had that clutch fan issue which was fun to watch ;)

Ah, I forgot about the fan.  But I was thinking of your buddy who had some random misfiring in his RRC on the way to Briggs.

OK - Everything is set for Sat evening - Mon morning at Gold Point for 7 trucks.  Gas will be available.

Can I get a head-count on who's planning to meet me in Lodi for the drive down vs who's planning to head out on their own?  Obviously Paul will be going on his own but who else?

I've had some people asking what time we will be off the trail on Saturday.

Well, that depends on a few things -

How early will we start moving?  I tend to roll out fairly early but I know it's hard to heard the cats.

How much time do we spend checking out the sights along the way?

Do we head straight to Baker or do we take the slightly longer route through Shoshone for gas?

If you're looking to make decent time, it's about 110 miles from our last camp to Baker.  At least half of that is paved and the rest is pretty tame dirt road.  (there is a short section I have not driven before but it looks pretty like good fast gravel road).  If we were to leave at 9 and head straight to Baker, including time to air up on the pavement, I'd say we'd be there by noon.

We’re headed down 395 from Reno on Sat morning. Just need to know about when the group expects to be in Gold Point so we know when to start. Would like to arrive at about the same time as the group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK - Everything is set for Sat evening - Mon morning at Gold Point for 7 trucks. Gas will be available.

Can I get a head-count on who's planning to meet me in Lodi for the drive down vs who's planning to head out on their own? Obviously Paul will be going on his own but who else?

I plan on meeting up in Lodi.

We’re headed down 395 from Reno on Sat morning. Just need to know about when the group expects to be in Gold Point so we know when to start. Would like to arrive at about the same time as the group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike, we're planning to meet in Lodi at 8 then head up 88 to 395.  Das Google says a little over 7 hrs but I figure with stops call it 8 to Gold Point.  So est 4pm arrival. 

It should be about 2.5 hrs (10:30-10:45ish) to 395 at Gardnerville from which point we'll be on the same route as you.

Edited by DHappel

OK - Everything is set for Sat evening - Mon morning at Gold Point for 7 trucks.  Gas will be available.

Can I get a head-count on who's planning to meet me in Lodi for the drive down vs who's planning to head out on their own?  Obviously Paul will be going on his own but who else?

Don, does also mean diesel will be available...?

--Paul

I got a hall pass. Yay! 

I need to catch up on the thread... (or someone can give me cliff notes :))

I can meet Saturday morning in Lodi also. 

On the return home, I need to fast trek home by early afternoon.  Otherwise, my wife will turn my truck (maybe she said me; I wasn't really paying attention) into a pumpkin by Sunday morning. 

Do i need to make some sort of reservation somewhere? Or did Don take care of that?

Johann, what to caravan up to Lodi on Saturday? Anyone else want to caravan up? 

I'll meet you in Lodi as well.  Where in Lodi were you thinking of meeting?

Details are a page back.  Starbucks at 99 and 12.  There's gas/food there as well.  Plan to roll out at 8am.

Don, does also mean diesel will be available...?

--Paul

I didn't think ask about diesel.  I think you've been there; he just has a big storage tank on-site with a metered pump on it, not a real station.  I do seem to remember him having multiple tanks but it's been a few years.  

I got a hall pass. Yay! 

I need to catch up on the thread... (or someone can give me cliff notes :))

I can meet Saturday morning in Lodi also. 

On the return home, I need to fast trek home by early afternoon.  Otherwise, my wife will turn my truck (maybe she said me; I wasn't really paying attention) into a pumpkin by Sunday morning. 

Do i need to make some sort of reservation somewhere? Or did Don take care of that?

Johann, what to caravan up to Lodi on Saturday? Anyone else want to caravan up? 

No need for reservations; it's sorted.  I posted trip routes and itinerary a page or two back along with meeting location map for Lodi.

Glad you're going to make it!  Haven't seen you out in a while what with your future race driver and all. 

On the drive to Gold Point, I most likely be linking up with Paul somewhere btw Paso and Tehachapi

Defense mine fear not, Oh and Nathan, have you seen the Bond movie trailer with the jumping and rolling Defenders..... :)  notice there not using Range Rovers

Stoked for you to join us Lithium1330...!

Gas prices in Big Pine 15 hours ago at the Mobil station: Reg = 3.89, Mid = 4.09, Premium = 4.29, Diesel = 3.89

Gotrovr will find it hard to hang back, so meet up with me then punch it to get a spot for me at the saloon.

--Paul

No need for reservations; it's sorted.  I posted trip routes and itinerary a page or two back along with meeting location map for Lodi.

Glad you're going to make it!  Haven't seen you out in a while what with your future race driver and all. 

Thanks for setting up the reservation. Hopefully my truck starts and all fluid hasn't leaked out. 

So much to do, so little time. 

Thanks for setting up the reservation. Hopefully my truck starts and all fluid hasn't leaked out. 

So much to do, so little time. 

Yeah, I'm taking a half day off Friday and will do all my packing/grocery shopping then.  Because last minute is the best minute.