DV in April

Count me in...! Utah Traverse is in May, so DV is do-able.

Cheers!

Thanks Don...! The previous route from Gold Point, with a few mods would be cool...

--Paul

Count me in...! Utah Traverse is in May, so DV is do-able.

Cheers!

Thanks Don...! The previous route from Gold Point, with a few mods would be cool...

--Paul

I was looking at my old routes from that Gold Point trip.  I wasn't planning to visit GP again, but a lot of that looks usable.  Just not sure if I want to cover the same ground or try to find new routes.

One of the challenges will be to connect GP with Eureka Dunes via a fun route. I see some abandoned mines in the general area, as well as some interesting geological features.,, Like this thing:

37.321345, -117.461188

--Paul

Depending on the level of snow... We could try a route that starts near the top of the pass near here:

37.425026, -117.629965

and go directly south to connect with Tule Summit Road, then down into Tule Canyon which would re-connect us with the trail to Crankshaft Junction, thence west to the road to Eureka Dunes.

--Paul

Other than reviewing my old routes I haven't worked up anything.  Tried watching some videos on locations but didn't get much out of them.  I'll try to nail down a date this week and set something concrete so we can get it on the calendar.

I've tallied the comments re: dates and as expected, there is no clear consensus.  Too much spread to make everybody happy.

I have 2 for 3/29

One for 4/12

one for 4/5

two for 'not 4/12'

and a few 'I can do anything if you'd just pick a date already!'

If you have any last comments let me know as I'm going to nail this down ASAP.  

I think I'm going to call it - week of March 29th.  I'll plan to use the Saturdays on each end for travel, so let's say heading down Sat 3/27 and returning Sat 4/3.  That'll give us a full week to bum around the desert.

To the calendar!

I think I'm going to call it - week of March 29th.  I'll plan to use the Saturdays on each end for travel, so let's say heading down Sat 3/27 and returning Sat 4/3.  That'll give us a full week to bum around the desert.

To the calendar!

3/27 - 4/3

We got it on the calendar! 

Only 7 weekends to prep!

*makes ambitious prep list knowing full well procrastination will take hold*

I think I'm going to call it - week of March 29th. I'll plan to use the Saturdays on each end for travel, so let's say heading down Sat 3/27 and returning Sat 4/3. That'll give us a full week to bum around the desert.

To the calendar!

Sweet!! Now I have to figure out my job timing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk