NCLR 11th Annual Event : Roverfest UK 2017

NCLR Members,

It's that time of the year for NCLRs 11th Annual Event - “Roverfest UK 2017” at Hollister Hills SVRA. Get together with old friends and make new ones as well - be sure to load up the entire family (don’t forget Fido or grandma!) into your Land Rover and bring it all out for trails, fun and camaraderie!

WHERE: This year's Annual Event will be held in “Area 5” in Hollister SVRA [Map/Location]
WHEN: Friday September 29th through Sunday October 1st

Schedule of events

Friday
• Check-in starts at 2PM - pick up your welcome packet and get comfy in a camp spot
• The Leaky Rover Pub, hosted by Out of Bounds Brewing Co. opens to serve beer and great conversation around the main stage area

Saturday

• Before you take off on the trails, start the morning off right with premium coffee and pastries from Catahoula Coffee
• Adventures and trail runs for all skills and truck setups in both Hudner and Upper Ranch properties in Hollister
• Justin and Amy Cambra will host a Kids Corner — the bounce house is back!
• The Leaky Rover Pub hosted by Out of Bounds Brewing Co. opens again in the afternoon to cool you down after those dusty trails leave you thirsty
• Fish & Chips Saturday night presented by “The Cookout”
• Keynote Speaker: Tread Lightly joins us this year to talk about how we can do our part to keep our trails open and Doug Lawyer, Chairman of the Western National Land Rover Rally will be introducing us as host of the 2018 WNLRR in Lake Tahoe.
• The Annual Raffle — This is your chance to win some awesome gear from great partners like Atlantic British, Deadman Off-road, Aquatic AV and •PREMIUM RAFFLE• of an Overland Pros Roof Top Tent!! Check it out here!
• Midnight Rashers - a distinctly British name for a distinctly NCLR tradition — come enjoy the culinary masterpieces of some of our own club members as they pair up unbelievable amounts of bacon with all manner of other tasty treats!

Sunday

• Wake up, grab a cup of coffee and pack up your kitchen because the Board of Directors are cooking up a breakfast of pancakes, hash browns and eggs w/ bacon (yes, more bacon) sponsored by British Car Service.

Come join your fellow members, their families and prospective members for a weekend of off-road fun and share in what is special about the Northern California Land Rover Club!

Registration is OPEN! Your RSVP is essential so we can give an accurate count for food, activities and a very special door prize! See you there!

Roverfest UK 2017.pdf

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABOUT TIME! I'm there. This makes me 1 years strong as a member. I have had many thoughts of buying a jeep but I'm happy I have skipped the feeling and stay true to my Rover

Don't do it!!!   :P  Many an owner have strayed and few have come back.  Why is that?

Wait, I mean *many* have come back... :lr:  :lr:  :lr:

This year the trail runs come in three flavors.

Mild

Spicy

And 'are you freakin kidding me?!?!'

The last one will be available as a spectator event for those who prefer to let other people break parts for fun and entertainment. :)

The soccer gods bet on the first full weekend in October and gave me a 1230 game that day. Annual weekend, 830. So for the first time in years, I may make it down vefore lunch. Packing hammock and something cool to drink for the afternoon.

The soccer gods bet on the first full weekend in October and gave me a 1230 game that day. Annual weekend, 830. So for the first time in years, I may make it down vefore lunch. Packing hammock and something cool to drink for the afternoon.

No.......I thought Mike had passed on and his on-line pressense was just being maintained by a facebook algorithm.  

This year the trail runs come in three flavors.

Mild

Spicy

And 'are you freakin kidding me?!?!'

The last one will be available as a spectator event for those who prefer to let other people break parts for fun and entertainment. :)

I'm hoping for a live stream on option 3!!! Will miss with soccer game at noon on Saturday.

Hopefully next year!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for a live stream on option 3!!! Will miss with soccer game at noon on Saturday.

Hopefully next year!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If we have enough service, I am happy to hold a phone and do a live stream!!  Usually it's hard to get good service for that sort of thing in HH...

If we have enough service, I am happy to hold a phone and do a live stream!!  Usually it's hard to get good service for that sort of thing in HH...

You have not figured out how to 2 meter to the repeater to the Dlink to the computer to the net live?  How can you live with yourself?  Next thing I know, there will be dirt in the trunk of Red Rover...

No.......I thought Mike had passed on and his on-line pressense was just being maintained by a facebook algorithm.  

Yeah, sorry Don....not dead yet (says the AI that is the FB algorithm).

But give it time...we have a month until the annual.  Better put the Rover in the will early since it will be running better.

Trail runs start at 8:30 and 10:30 per plan.  This could be tweaked depending on who signs up for what runs.  We will have moderate and difficult runs as usual.  The moderate runs will be over in the Hudner area and are suitable for stock and lightly mod'ed rigs or less experienced drivers.  The difficult runs will be limited in number so we can get through in time (more trucks = slower going) and will require an experienced driver with a more modified truck willing to take more risk regarding potential damage. 

Then in the afternoon we'll have the extreme run which will be a spectator sport.  Two of us are going to take on Tank Traps which is only a short walk away from our Area 5 campsite.  Anybody who wants to try it is welcome to join but be aware the last time a Rover visited it ended up on it's side and there is a high chance of a repeat, a broken axle/etc, or at least winching out.  

I'll be posting more details as we get closer.  Some routes have already been mapped and others are still being developed.  I have some ideas for the difficult run I want to explore and make sure the trails are still open.

This is going to be cool seeing both of you do it!... I recommend either really wide wheels or spacers to push you off the walls and Colin will need a new roof by the time he is done. :P   I will join you next year! that will almost be 10 years then since I last did it!

Archived