NCLR 11th Annual Event : Roverfest UK 2017

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while i do incur body damage i do not seek it out....  i'll watch you.  if Andrea was coming i'd be tempted to try it in the 94. 

QFT. 

Given how nice Big Red is, I'm surprised it's going on the Traps. Should make for good entertainment. 

QFT. 

Given how nice Big Red is, I'm surprised it's going on the Traps. Should make for good entertainment. 

Now you guys are making me worried.  I've been reviewing the video of Colin doing it a couple years ago and the body damage was minimal.  Mostly a mirror and front/rear turn signals.  Possibly a bit of roof-line.  I have some protection for front/rear signals with my armor and will probably take the roof off to avoid tearing it.  And well, I've got spare mirrors if it comes to that.  As for the flop, I'll just try to avoid that as I think it was down to poor line choice from his spotter.

Nick, I'd say you could do it in Andrea's RRC if Colin and I can do it.  It's on 35s same as us.  The TruTracs gave Colin some problems in a few spots last time but he was able to deal with it.  You sure you can't con her into comeing down just for Saturday maybe so you can join the fun?  While your normal LWB might be up for it, I wouldn't try with the RTT on it.

Anybody else?  Hey, there's always the winch - I expect I'll be using it at some point!

Raffle Item Sneak Peak everybody!  We've got a great raffle planned this year and here is a sneak peak  :ph34r: :

Roger Kraus Racing Tire Repair Kits

Discount Tire Gift Cards from Tread Lightly

Deadman Off-Road Earth Anchor

PowerTank 

Tepui Swag

Land Rover Experience 2-Hour Off-Road Class

Coffee and Swag from Catahoula Coffee 

Front Runner Wolf Pack Cases

AB Gift Certificate

Bearmach Swag

Mexxi’s Gift Certificate

Overland Pros Anza Tent

Overland Pro Gift Certificates

Landybooks by Veronica Lamond

Dr. Who Beer Stein

Premium tickets are $20/each or 6 for $100 

General tickets are $5/each or 5 for $20

Please bring cash only.  There is no service for credit card processing.  

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

XOXO

Erin

Again, I hear all these stories about the wild man you once were...but today I see a mild mannered family man.  You're not getting old are you?  How do we unleash the Nathan of the past? 

Again, I hear all these stories about the wild man you once were...but today I see a mild mannered family man.  You're not getting old are you?  How do we unleash the Nathan of the past? 

old & crotchety so bugger off! :P    it's all about having the right vehicle for the occasion... Don you should know about that?  I am building that vehicle right now @ home & I will be of "old" then.

I would be happy to man your D1 through Tank Traps if you want

Kegs are loaded up and covered in ICE. Rover decided to have a weird issue with the headlight switch on the column... Ended up breaking it and now the lights are stuck on and I had to disconnect the battery........

If anyone has a spare light switch for a classic please bring it :)

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Gotta be gentile with those steering column switches....!

Yet ANOTHER reason why Defenders are better, Ha ha.

--Paul

Looking forward to catching up with folks. I should be in after lunch.  I am flying in from MO tonight and will join Sat. Anyone interested in wine tasting at DeRose Winery (not too far from camp) Sunday after breaking camp (or Sat after the trail runs and before dinner). Ping me on the ham radio KJ6RKA 146.600 and we can caravan over to the winery. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plans to head out after my 8am soccer coaching duties (earliest arrival in 5 years it would be) have been suspended as I will be attending a friends funeral.

Keep the beers cold, the laughter joyous, and the food warm.  Should be down around 3-4PM.

Archived