2024 Annual Overland: EMHT Segments 3 & 4

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I suggest that everybody coming from Bay Area caravan together. This will make it easier to get to the first camp without too much excitement 😱

I'll be leaving Santa Rosa at 6:00 AM to arrive for donuts at 8:30 AM !      Hwy 101 to 880.    

Agreed with Sasha - if there are any roadside extracurriculars that arise we can work through them together! 

FYI, I have just replaced the itineraries that have been uploaded with V2. We will set a later departure time from Hole-in-the-Wall to give folks the opportunity to take a morning hike, big breakfast, etc. if desired.

An email has also gone out to everyone as well with the itinerary to ensure everyone is paying attention ; ).

7 DAYS REMAINING!!! : 0

15 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

Agreed with Sasha - if there are any roadside extracurriculars that arise we can work through them together! 

FYI, I have just replaced the itineraries that have been uploaded with V2. We will set a later departure time from Hole-in-the-Wall to give folks the opportunity to take a morning hike, big breakfast, etc. if desired.

An email has also gone out to everyone as well with the itinerary to ensure everyone is paying attention ; ).

7 DAYS REMAINING!!! : 0

Haven’t received my email. Did you mean look at revised post #1?
By the way any caravan from Reno?

Well my latest PET scan and numbers came back and my little trespasser has unfortunately grown and spread so they are putting me back on the gnarly chemo starting next Tuesday (have been on a maintenance regimen which was not so debilitating), that basically wipes me out for at least a week, so I am going to have to bail.

Difficult to find the words to describe how bummed I am to miss this.

Sorry mates.

jcb

1 hour ago, jcb said:

Well my latest PET scan and numbers came back and my little trespasser has unfortunately grown and spread so they are putting me back on the gnarly chemo starting next Tuesday (have been on a maintenance regimen which was not so debilitating), that basically wipes me out for at least a week, so I am going to have to bail.

Sorry mates.

jcb

Man sorry to hear Jeff, was looking forward to having you along. Not to worry, we will pour one for you! Hopefully you will back up and running in time for the next one ; ). Sounds like we may make our way back down again in the fall!

2 hours ago, jcb said:

Well my latest PET scan and numbers came back and my little trespasser has unfortunately grown and spread so they are putting...

So sorry to hear Jeff..! Yes, Prez is correct. We (I) may be running this as Overland 2024 v.2 in the Fall to help "complete the circle."

Sending positive healing energy your way!

--Paul

Also, if anyone is interested in doing large group meals - Wednesday should provide an opportunity for both breakfast and evening as it is one of our shortest days.

5 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

Also, if anyone is interested in doing large group meals - Wednesday should provide an opportunity for both breakfast and evening as it is one of our shortest days.

Interested 

Bummer Yohann...! What happened?

I "sold" my spot to NCLR alumnus Chuck M. (AKA Desert Crawler) -- He is super stoked to join everyone on this run...!

--Paul

On 5/4/2024 at 11:42 AM, jcb said:

Sorry mates.

jcb

So sorry to hear Jeff . Wishing for a speedy recovery. 

So I do have a tour now on Saturday 11th in the afternoon so we'll be making a late night to get to camp. Also found out my nephew will be running in state championship for high school on Friday the 17th. So we'll have to cut my trip a little short and exit out on the 15th. So I can get my mom to the airport so she can go watch him run. Finally good news though I picked up a new Rover and can't wait to try it out off-road. 

On 5/4/2024 at 2:01 PM, Mr.BlueSky said:

Interested - with one hand available :)

Great to see that Chuck will be able to make the trip.  On the group meal I’m up for it.  My cooking setup is too small for that kind of thing, but let me know what food/supplies I could contribute. 

I will have the cookoff chili ready for weds then.  

I want to also try out this new Nomad Traveling Slow Cooker I have and stew birria tacos all day while we are driving.  There should be lots to go around

Looks like drive time is almost the same from Bay Area, Reno, or Salt Lake - about 7 1/2 hours not including traffic for the CA folks

I'm about as useful as flip flops in winter when it comes to cooking but any way I can help out or bring fir the family dinner night I will. And other then fire wood is there any other things to bring. 

Sorry mates.

jcb

So sorry to hear it Jeff. Hope to catch up later this year!

On 5/4/2024 at 1:51 PM, PaulD said:

So sorry to hear Jeff..! Yes, Prez is correct. We (I) may be running this as Overland 2024 v.2 in the Fall to help "complete the circle."

Sending positive healing energy your way!

--Paul

Definitely interested in this!

Sorry mates.

jcb

I'm sorry that's quite unfortunate. Hoping you feel better and wishing the best for you!

On 5/6/2024 at 8:54 AM, Kevin Yankton said:

I will have the cookoff chili ready for weds then.  

I want to also try out this new Nomad Traveling Slow Cooker I have and stew birria tacos all day while we are driving.  There should be lots to go around

Looks like drive time is almost the same from Bay Area, Reno, or Salt Lake - about 7 1/2 hours not including traffic for the CA folks

I will get all the taco sides - chips, salsa, beans, etc

If you need me to bring anything let me know we can throw it in our fridge we're only going to be there till Wednesday and of course have to leave and now I'm not bringing the new truck need some maintenance and gone through a little more. So the old lr3 will be doing its job