2023 Annual Shaver Lake Snow Run

+1 for the pile. I may not be able to leave till 7pm tonight, or at worst 1am. If I can't make those deadlines I will have to be out for the trip. I do have a site, so Gabriel and another person a can stay there if I do go, if not someone can take my spot there.

2 hours ago, drafdog said:

+1 for the pile. I may not be able to leave till 7pm tonight, or at worst 1am. If I can't make those deadlines I will have to be out for the trip. I do have a site, so Gabriel and another person a can stay there if I do go, if not someone can take my spot there.

So my roommate has been feeling sick so I will be a bit distance and wear a mask. But I do plan on arriving very late tonight. If I or he starts to feel worse I may have to leave early.

Dang! Things went south quickly. Last year, this was my first trip with the club and while I’m currently sitting warmly by a fire this evening, I will miss tomorrow’s antics and Eric’s hard-charging damn the Toyotas attitude!! Good luck all. I’m hoping to make Bowman. 

Just uploaded some photos and we'll get the drone videos up. Need to figure out the new update so I can fly with no cell service. Thanks for everybody that put it on it was a great time already thinking about next year.

9 minutes ago, CRYA said:

No damage to your air compressor then? That sounded like a crunch coming out of that hole! 😬

Knock on wood no! Did push the steering a bit too much and have a slight leak when turning hard. But its been a problem before, just flared up now. After a bad hit years ago the compressor tucked itself higher up so hasn't been hit much since.

15 minutes ago, LR4HD said:

Thank you all for the fun times and for spending *hours* turning me around and getting me unstuck!

Sounds like the guys will have plenty of material for the next After Dark episode. Can't wait to hear the good and the bad...

As with most snow runs, the front group and rear group both have stories and experiences completely separate from eachother. It ended up being a stuckfest for most the afternoon. Hopefully I can get some people to come do a recap of the trip for the pod. Calling on Don, Robert… anybody. Let me know

Thanks to everyone who put the trip together and to miles, we ended up useing your spot since it was closer to the main camp fire. We had a blast up there playing a mini snow camel trophy with every piece of recovery gear getting used. I'm pretty certain every truck had a winch and every winch was used at some point, be it witching themselves or other vehicles out. Two of those vehicles weren't even in our group but ended up in the stuck fest with us. Iv got a few good pictures to put up one of wich Eric will be very proud of. I'm excited for the recap podcast as well and for bowman now.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, Mr.BlueSky said:

Hope folks are having a great time!

Here is a link to the Club Photo Album - upload at will.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kfUqbfAyfaobe5C58

Looking forward to hear about how it went!

Thank you for sharing. Looks like a blast. @lutzI definitely noticed the off the ground cot set up. Thank you for posting. 

Edited by Hudd130

On 2/28/2023 at 11:44 PM, Hudd130 said:

Thank you for sharing. Looks like a blast. @lutzI definitely noticed the off the ground cot set up. Thank you for posting. 

Yeah it's just a cheapy Amazon version not as nice as the helinox. But seems to do the job. Paired with a xtherm mattress and a enlightened equipment 0° quilt it's pretty comfy.