Oceano Dunes SVRA North meets South DEC 2-4

Well, hate to join the bandwagon of those not attending but we will not be joining you all this weekend. 

Hopefully soon Oliver and I can run our LR3's together on a trail.

Mark

I wish we had a cool excuse but it sounds like as of now we might be snowed in on this of the hill and as much as I love all of you rover nuts I don't want to be stuck on that side of the hill on Sunday with the snow storm that's on its way. I'm pretty bummed that it didn't work out because it's in my bucket list to beach camp so hopefully we can recreate this trip again. Thankyou to Lutz for all the planning to set this up.

Well as it is now. Will probably be just colin and I camping and we will still have a run Saturday if anybody wants to come out to go play in the dunes just let me know. 

Edited by lutz

Well even without camping we were planning to head to scullys to drop off an axle. But we hit the edge of reno at 10 and spent 1 hour making it about 5 miles and according to Google we were still 3.5 hours from sac so we gave up. Have fun on the beach and take pictures for us to live vicariously through you.

22 minutes ago, CRYA said:

Maybe the Club programs another dunes trip mid-spring since most of us had to bail for various reasons! I've never been to Oceano ne Pismo. 

I'm thinking maybe in May do a trip. The downside with the springtime is it's very windy. 

Some of us went sideways and ended up at Soda Lake, about 20 miles (as the crow flies) East of Oceano Dunes. Camped at Selby and got rained on pretty good. Bunks stayed dry though!

--Paul

View.jpg

Leaving.jpg

Edited by PaulD

5 hours ago, PaulD said:

@Hudd130...

Here ya go. I sleep in the back of my Perentie, Matt was in/on the swag he refers to as a "Bear Burrito." Works great.

That's pretty much it for pics.

--Paul

Selby_Camp.jpg

Bear Burrito is funny because I was really wanting to buy @Mffosterswag tent but felt like I would never use it considering I have a wife 2 kids and a dog. Even if I get alone time to camp it won’t be without the dog.