2022 Annual Event (OFFICIAL) Thread!

Howdy everybody.

What another great year we have had so far ; ).

I am happy to announce the plan for the 2022 Annual event is here! 

____

What: The 2022 Annual Event 

When: Friday September 30th through Sunday October 2nd.

Where: Lower Dinkey Creek Campground - https://goo.gl/maps/xRAPxckK5Gz9ai7VA

Directions from Shaver Lake Gas

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Shaver+Lake+Gas,+Tollhouse+Road,+Shaver+Lake,+CA/Lower+Dinkey+Creek+Campground,+Shaver+Lake,+CA+93664/@37.0805704,-119.2807071,12.5z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x8095b60ecfd89953:0xcf6b2f20376eeb82!2m2!1d-119.3188181!2d37.106879!1m5!1m1!1s0x8095bbeec79272a7:0x539c7bb9e798f62a!2m2!1d-119.1556743!2d37.0716132!3e0

image.png

image.png.801f3a20b6826dbc366aef2ef37770

Camping

NCLR is providing 16 camping sites for anyone who chooses to stay in campground on a first post, first serve basis.

If you are planning on camping in the Dinkey Creek Campground please make sure to post here to reserve a site.

The following amenities are available at the Dinkey Creek Campground:

• Tent camping,
  • Camping trailer,
  • Picnic tables,
  • Toilets, (Vault and Flush)
  • Drinking water,
  • Parking

Sites are each assigned to the club member that helped us book them (4 site limit per person). So when checking in please look for these names and or sign in under them.

• Sites 77/78/79/80 - Reserved by Miles Wynn
  • Sites 81/82/3/84 - Reserved by Eric Herbert
  • Sites 85/86/87/88 - Reserved by Mario Bergstrom
  • Sites 89/90/91/92 - Reserved by Greg Bodene

Attendees:

image.png

Fires are currently not allowed due to the high fire risk, we ask that you bring your portable stoves as needed for meals. 

Additional Dinkey Creek Campground Informationhttps://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sierra/recarea/?recid=45430

Cabins

Cabins may be available and can be reserved by calling the Dinkey Creek Inn and General Store:

http://dinkey-general-store.edan.io/

The cabins are in the same vicinity as the campground.

The club will not be organizing or booking cabin stays.

image.png

image.png

Fires and Forest Orders

Currently two forest orders are in effect, the first prohibits all open flame fires whether it be in a grill, firepit, portable pit, or otherwise in Sierra National Forest, but Dinkey Creek Campground is exempted for now. We will continue to monitor this as it may change as we progress through the season.  

Updated 22.08.08

The second and third forest order have closed some hiking trails and picnic sites but should not affect us.

Forest Orders are attached for your reading pleasure.

If you wish to build a campfire or operate a portable gas powered stove or other device you must fill out your campfire permit here:

https://www.readyforwildfire.org/permits/campfire-permit/

TL;DR - Fires are still OK at Dinkey Creek Campground. 

22.08.05 Forest Service Order 0515002213.pdf fseprd1036914.pdf fseprd1047210.pdf

Tentative Agenda

• Friday 2:00 PM - Campsites are available for check-in
  • Friday Evening - Folks roll in, free evening.
  • Saturday Morning - Organized Trail Runs (if folks wish to remain in camp or explore the Shaver Lake town/area they are free to do so)
  • Saturday Evening - Chili Cookoff!!!
    • Bring a big pot and all the ingredients and make your best chili ; ).
    • We might judge the winner for a prize (TBD)
  • Saturday Evening - Swap Meet Style Raffle
    • Have old Rover parts laying around? Old camping gear? Bring it in and exchange it for tickets to the swap meet raffle!
    • In addition to the swap meet items there will be a few items donated to the raffle by several members/NCLR.
  • Sunday 12:00PM - Campsites must be cleared by noon

14 hours ago, lithium1330 said:

Is this same location as last year? 
i can’t reminder, same /similar days - trying to see if it’ll be too cold for wife to go/not.  

Correct, still planning to have it at the Dinkey Creek campground.

I will be attending! My dad and one of my siblings will be out of town, hoping on convincing a few friends in college to join so we will see how that turns out.  I will snag 82 if y'all don't mind.

Edited by drafdog

On 8/5/2022 at 2:14 PM, Mr.BlueSky said:

Fires and Forest Orders

Currently two forest orders are in effect, the first prohibits all open flame fires whether it be in a grill, firepit, portable pit, or otherwise.

The second and third forest order have closed some hiking trails and picnic sites but should not affect us.

Forest Orders are attached for your reading pleasure.

If you wish to have a portable gas powered stove or other device you must fill out your campfire permit here:

https://www.readyforwildfire.org/permits/campfire-permit/

22.08.05 Forest Service Order 0515002213.pdf 335.24 kB · 0 downloads fseprd1036914.pdf 375.58 kB · 0 downloads fseprd1047210.pdf 375.41 kB · 0 downloads

Am I reading the Order wrong? Doesn’t it specifically exempt the campground from the fire restrictions?

1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire, except within the Designated Wilderness Areas listed in Exhibit A and the Designated Recreation Sites listed in Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(a).

On 8/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, CRYA said:

Am I reading the Order wrong? Doesn’t it specifically exempt the campground from the fire restrictions?

1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire, except within the Designated Wilderness Areas listed in Exhibit A and the Designated Recreation Sites listed in Exhibit B. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(a).

Nope! I failed to scroll all the way down on the Exhibit B page. I missed the exemption for Dinkey Creek Campground. 

Thank you for your diligence - main posts have been updated.

I will check the status of the forest orders as we get closer and make sure to relay any changes.

TL;DR - Fires are still OK at Dinkey Creek Campground as of 22.08.08

Attendees list added to the main post. Attendees so far:

image.png

I'll maintain this list at the top - FYI, according to the reservation 1 vehicle per site. though last year they were not sticklers on this.

If we happen to run out of sites we can evaluate at that point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...