2022 Annual Event (OFFICIAL) Thread!

51 minutes ago, CRYA said:

So @Motobrewer, when's the East Brother pre-order going live? 🍻😁

Planning on bringing the family which takes up beer space. Working on an option though... stay tuned. 

Possible pre-order and pickup during the week prior to the week? 

On 9/7/2022 at 6:52 PM, Teds said:

Dang. Already have something planned that weekend. But Overland Pros will donate something for the raffle.

Thanks Ted! We appreciate the support from Overland Pros!

Unfortunately it will just be me (Oliver) making it as midterms have scared away all the engineering majors. But will be bringing the D2! I plan on going down on Friday and leaving Sunday. I can also take spare passengers if need be. 

The post that everyone has been waiting for.... ok, at least some of you. 

East Brother Beer Co, as your unofficial beer sponsor, will be bringing a 4-pack sampler of Bo Pils and Gold IPA in our new larger 19.2oz can size for each campsite (will have extras). I will likely have a limited number of others (Red Lager, Oatmeal Stout, Belgian Tripel and Pre Pro Lager) as well, depending on space left in the rig. 

I wish I had the time and space for custom orders (on call for Jury Duty). 

Cheers,

Paul

Just wanted to go over some last minute info on the trail run Saturday. The plan will be the same as last year, we will be running Bald Mountain. We will plan on leaving camp and heading toward the trail at 10am. Camp (Dinkey Creek Campground) is close to the forest road (Rock Creek Rd) that we need to take to get to the trail, so folks coming up Saturday morning should still meet us at camp. The alternative would be to meet at the intersection of Dinkey Creek Rd and Rock Creek Rd about 10:15-10:30. The trail should eat up most the day but will depend on how many detours we take to challenge ourselves as this trail has a lot of optional stuff.

We will be using ham radio frequency 146.460.  Any stragglers can catch up to us on trail. The trail should be available on Gaia and all the other electronic map things. I’ll include a pic of the trail. We will be following the route direction in the pic.

image.jpg

2 hours ago, drafdog said:

Will there be a trail run on Sunday and or split groups going for difficult/easy trails?

People can organize a run for Sunday  while we are there if they are so inclined. We will all be running the same trail, in the same fashion like last year.

Hate to say but family kid stuff popped up and I have to bail out. 😭

My site is therefore relinquished however @Motobrewer I hereby donate my site’s sampler pack to @Mr.BlueSky  I figure the new dad needs it! 
I hope to catch some of you all at the November MORG if there’s one happening. Have a blast this weekend!

Chris

10 minutes ago, CRYA said:

Hate to say but family kid stuff popped up and I have to bail out. 😭

My site is therefore relinquished however @Motobrewer I hereby donate my site’s sampler pack to @Mr.BlueSky  I figure the new dad needs it! 
I hope to catch some of you all at the November MORG if there’s one happening. Have a blast this weekend!

Chris

Sorry to hear you can't make it. 

But we will see you in November! Mario should be leading us up the Lost Coast!

A few more things for us to pack tomorrow morning and then we'll be headed out.

See everyone there!

Basically packed at this point... at least the essentials.

We will be leaving SF soon after my daughter is out of school. 4-hour drive with the family will easily turn into 5 or 6. Expecting an afterdark arrival... 

Cheers,

Paul 

* oh yeah, these were canned in the last 24 hours. doesn't get much fresher than that!

IMG_0037.jpeg

Edited by Motobrewer

Unfortunately I just a had a mishap leaving work. Lager Rover won’t be able to make it this weekend. 

I’ll be bringing the beer home with me for the event. If anyone is in SF after 4p, we can get the beer to you. 

im ok. Truck doesn’t. 

bunmed that I am missing this weekend. 

Got home around 4:30 today. Another fun Annual event. The trail run was a successful one. No breaks or any mechanical issues. Didn’t hit any traffic on the trail either. We made good time and got to play on several optional obstacles and lines. It’s always fun to watch people challenge themselves and their vehicles. Even though we had plenty of drivers getting out of their comfort zone and trying some hard lines, we didn’t have any obstacle or line win. Every attempt was eventually completed without needing recovery. Looking forward to seeing the pics and vids.

Hope everyone had an uneventful trip back home. 

It was fantastic to see everyone and catch up. 

Please find the photo album here. Feel free to upload at your liesure: https://photos.app.goo.gl/V2sP5EVFoeAT21fn6

On 9/30/2022 at 2:30 PM, Motobrewer said:

Unfortunately I just a had a mishap leaving work. Lager Rover won’t be able to make it this weekend. 

I’ll be bringing the beer home with me for the event. If anyone is in SF after 4p, we can get the beer to you. 

im ok. Truck doesn’t. 

bunmed that I am missing this weekend. 

Paul, glad you are ok - sorry you had to miss - hopefully we can get together soon!