2022 Annual Shaver Lake Snow Run

5 hours ago, pilotgabe said:

I made a reservation, but only for Friday night, there wasn't any other availability Saturday night.

I’ll be tent camping in my site, probably with one other person so should have room to share if you need a spot hit me up!

On 12/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, Elherbinator said:

Now that we are starting to really get into winter wheeling mode with these storms coming up, I thought it would be a good time to get us thinking about this trip. This is always a really fun trip for all levels of Rovers and is always a unique trip depending on the snow conditions. 

Where: Camp Edison Campground and running the Bald Mountain Trail

When: February 19-21

The plan will be to run the trail on Saturday. So people can come up either Friday and camp, or drive up early on Saturday and meet us near the trail. 

(edited for length)

Is anyone interested in doing a different trail run on Sunday in addition to Bald Mountain? I'm not sure if any are open nearby (if anyone knows any please lmk).

4 hours ago, drafdog said:

(edited for length)

Is anyone interested in doing a different trail run on Sunday in addition to Bald Mountain? I'm not sure if any are open nearby (if anyone knows any please lmk).

I would love to do another run on Sunday, if it is reasonably short. It looks like I will need to head back Sunday night...

Looking forward to joining my first event as both a friend of drafdog and now a LR owner and NCLR member!  I'll be caravaning up with drafdog in the 100% stock 2019 RRS with expecting to not take it out on the trails, but get some advice to start a new wheels and tires project for nextime.

So I stumbled into a deal on a Scout trailer. I’m considering hauling it for the 1st Annual if I have family joining so I’m going to bring it this weekend for a sort of shakedown run and get to know it BUT I think it’s still just me and obviously have room to share! Welcome   

Are there any kids coming on this trip? Are kids allowed? I’ve got a 5 and 7 yo but they are undecided on snow camping. 

14 hours ago, CRYA said:

So I stumbled into a deal on a Scout trailer. I’m considering hauling it for the 1st Annual if I have family joining so I’m going to bring it this weekend for a sort of shakedown run and get to know it BUT I think it’s still just me and obviously have room to share! Welcome   

Are there any kids coming on this trip? Are kids allowed? I’ve got a 5 and 7 yo but they are undecided on snow camping. 

Kids are welcome as well are wives and pets. We just have one rule, they are to be seen, not heard. Just kidding 😉. This is a very family friendly event event. There should be plenty of kids running around having fun. 

So it looks like we won’t be having any fresh snow to play in, but there should be plenty of remnants from our historic December 🤞🏼. Plan will be to leave Edison at 9 on Saturday and that should get us to Rock Creek Rd by 9:45. We will air down some there, but likely just to take some bite out of the road since I don’t anticipate much snow still being on Rock Creek Rd. Then we can air down to trail levels once we reach the trailhead. 

If anyone is planning on meeting us at the trail and not at Edison, then plan on being at Rock Creek Rd and Dinkey Creek Rd by 9:30am.

We will be using the ham frequency 146.460 as per usual to keep it simple. That may change on trail if there’s a lot of chatter since that frequency is commonly used by other groups. 

I plan to be at Edison on Friday. See you all then.