Great write up don it’s fun to read about some of the adventures of the other groups. One story to add on, once we got down to the staging area we began to air up and check over our 88 and see how unroadworthy it was, we said our goodbyes and headed up highway 89. We were on a sea of emotions happy we were going home to a shower but sad our time on the trail was over that’s when we came across Zach and his Cummins 88 on the side of the road just at the base of the hill up to emerald bay. The fuel filter had rattled apart over the trail and drained his fuel down to empty. We decided to strap it to the next fuel station so we stopped Tahoe traffic got hooked up and began to head up the hill. My series 2a 88 is definitely not a power house and Zacks 88 is a big heavy girl so we were a sight, 2 beat up rovers going way to slow up a road that I get nervous on just running by myself let alone with another truck strapped to me. But we’re series owners so with our never say die attitude we made it to the junction oh highway 50 and pulled into a gas station. We fueled up and proceeded to crack injection lines to get the truck fired up, at that point a guy in a mask not so politely warned us we were leaking fuel and with that dose of reality we parted ways to head back to “normal” life. Once again I can’t thank everyone involved in planning this trip enough, iv been on that trail dozens of times but I can say this was one of the best times iv had on the trail and as long as the event goes on and we are welcome to come we will be there.

Man, that is a crazy story!!

Everyone is always welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go rear as well.  

I've heard some people argue for the front on the theory that it will help pull you up a step, but any time you're climbing all the weight is on the rear axle.  While there may be times you'd only want a front locker, I think it would be far less common than using just a rear.

This is backed up by the fact that when OEMs offer a locker it's generally a rear.  And the way ARB does their selector switches such that you can only engage the front if you've already engaged the rear.  Some of this may be down to 'idiot-proofing' since an inexperienced driver may not realize that locking the front causes handling/steering issues, but still in general I think a rear would be more valuable than a front.

• 2 years later...