2024 Annual Overland: EMHT Segments 3 & 4

1 hour ago, Tyler Mattson said:

The song that runs through my head as I pack last minute late into the night.

Aw man! Ray Steven's! Now it has been a while... guess I know what we are listening to on the way down ; ).

Well, I think we are 98% packed, just need to throw on some shoes in the morning, button up a few things on the homefront and then it is time for Rovers N Donuts. See everyone tomorrow!

We lost an hour in Lost Hills. Expect to be in Tehachapi at 12:45-1pm. I will send another update regarding arrival in Baker after lunch. 

Big thanks to the Miles, Theresa Sasha, and anyone else in the planning. It was much much more of an experience then I was expecting and completely worth it. Rupert and I made it back into reno a little after 10 but we got to run in a nice rain storm on the way home and that made the no ac pretty nice and gave a pre car wash. Note to self add a HVAC blower switch to the spares list. Thanks again to everyone on the overland committee for creating such a great event. 

12 hours ago, PaulD said:

It was cool to see that the run had THREE white RRC's...!

--Paul

Mine's not white mmmkayyyyy it's Chamonix with tasteful pinstriping... 😂

18 hours ago, PaulD said:

It was cool to see that the run had THREE white RRC's...!

--Paul

Hey now mines cornish cream, don't rope me in with those basic types. Although dusty fadeing white might be a better description of cornish crewm.

25 minutes ago, Tyler Mattson said:

Hey now mines cornish cream, don't rope me in with those basic types. Although dusty fadeing white might be a better description of cornish crewm.

It’s ok. Take a deep breath. Many humans are snow blind. 

I can confirm neither Tyler nor myself consumed Starbucks mochacinofrapalattes so indeed, we are not basic.

great times - thanks to all!

Now starts the long list of extreme stress test required repairs.  It was good, thanks to Tyler and the mobile welder, that nothing proved fatal. The 38' wheels "shook out" all the weak points in the remaining stock components.

AP1GczM_s356bPZH7eJYrQr--ZF6zHibzCi6TMsDouWJsVojaQhO-U0s6dPWyw4AjPzhfWKZ-6nWMf7mXrqgD1KTtUrD26MHjrs1JIyKrcgk2NH9N8j-i6bzy07zdo-Vw2IHSVoffA2U49NyqBYG6bGTIGINgg=w589-h785-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Here is the mileage count:

• Day 1: 82.9
  • Day 2: 52.4
  • Day 3: 58.5
  • Day 4: 63.4
  • Day 5: 92.4
  • Day 6: 100.0
  • Day 7: 18.9

For a total trip of 468.5. 

For reference the entire EMHT is 770 without sidetrips, so we did pretty good. Lutz takes the award for longest route taken with the side trip to Needles and back for parts!

Last call to get photos up, I hope to start the trip report this weekend and finish by late next week.