The Annual Sept 15-17th

I'm assuming it was posted behind that firewall b/c the annual is a member's only event. I'm posting the link here b/c I assume it will still be accessible to members only (but if that's not the case I can edit this and remove the link -- just let me know if that's the case Miles/Eric/Greg....)

On 9/3/2023 at 6:53 PM, Andrew Wood said:

I'm heading up early Friday morning and can pick up but I only have 1 seat open.

Hey I super appreciate the offer! I can make it up to camp or trailhead no prob, it's the fun stuff I would need a empty bed spot or something of the like.  

I'll probably get there around 5. 

3 hours ago, DHappel said:

Sounds like there is a Jeep event going on at SlickRock, so maybe I'll just be a wimp and bring the L322.  Michele will appreciate that at least.  :)

Should roll out around 1pm and be up there around 3-4pm

I bet she will.

Well crap....work never stops.  Got an emergency I have to deal with in the bay.  I'm out at least for Friday.  I'll see about coming up for Sunday.  

FWIW, I have the Zen cabin reserved; can probably transfer that to somebody if they want it.

Just got in to Golden Pines.

when you roll in stop by the front office for a vehicle hang tag. Just let them know you are with the rover group. You’ve already been checked in.

Bears have been a bit of a problem, so food/coolers/fridges need to stay in vehicles overnight.

Trash has to be in the bin by 6pm before they do rounds and collect it.

Fires out by 10pm.

The communal campfire will be held at site 114 to help keep audible space between the RV park folks and our group.

see everyone soon!

Drove up Sat morning and met with the group in the L322.  Since it has zero underbody protection I decided to stick to an easy trail and it seems so did everybody else so we ran Corral Hollow.  Everything went pretty well; (appolgies...I forget names but remember cars) we did get a puncture on an L405 RR right front but easily repaired it at our lunch stop.  However he was running at stock height and really struggled at the east end of the trail where there are some steps/rocks and pulled off a bit of plastic trim.  It actually looked like he wasn't at full off-road height so possibly there was some confuser issues.  However he got through with some careful spotting and stacking.  

The L322 did fine and never touched anything.  Most of the trail I did in stock height though I did go to off-road height a few times to avoid kissing a rock.  

Then after airing up and getting on the road the front immediately dropped to the bumpstops.

I found a pinhole leak in the right front air bag.  After all these years this is the first time I've actually had a bag fail.  I drove it on to camp like that (it runs OK on the bumps even with the 275/60-20s with the spacer kit).  Then after the raffle and chlli cookoff I used the GAP tool to inflate 3 corners and lock out the compressor then drove home like that.  

I just ordered a Cardone branded bag off Rock Auto.  $200 to my door.  Looks pretty straight forward to swap just a bag so I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes.  Assuming I'm happy with it I'll likely replace the left one as a precaution.  I considered going all in and buying new Bilstein struts but a pair of those would be more like $2000 and honestly with only 80k on the truck I doubt they'd offer any substantial improvement in handling as I think they are the OEM part.