November MORG - Lets get Lost...Coast

Looks like I will be able to leave early on Friday and will aim to meet up with the convoy from San Jose.

Sorry Mario, but I was not looking forward to a six to seven hour drive at the end of the day.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:13 PM, Hudd130 said:

I have to regretfully bow out on this one. Booked a crab cook out at my house that weekend. Buddy just told me that weekend is when he got a spot on a crab boat in SF  

90C0697D-6169-412C-A904-3EECFC9A4FFE.jpeg

Bummer... was looking forward to meeting you... granted, those crabs look great ; ).

Packing firewood... looks to be a bit chilly for this one. Might end up throwing some more on there.

First trip pulling the trailer with Snowflake. Interested to see how it goes vs. pulling with Eleven. Pulling with Eleven (4.2L, Crower cam) you can't even feel the trailer. Snowflake with the 3.9L will be a different story I think.

image.png

Weather is shaping up though, the rain is mostly out of the forecast.

image.png

Well everyone, I am sad to say....the covids have finally got me. I feel lucky to have made it 2 1/2 years eluding it.

I won't be able to make it for this trip anymore but stepping into my very large shoe will be @Mr.BlueSky.

Hope everyone has a great time and make sure @RobertDingli goes through all the puddles!

1 hour ago, El Chapomint said:

Well everyone, I am sad to say....the covids have finally got me. I feel lucky to have made it 2 1/2 years eluding it.

I won't be able to make it for this trip anymore but stepping into my very large shoe will be @Mr.BlueSky.

Hope everyone has a great time and make sure @RobertDingli goes through all the puddles!

Ah bummer man! Hopefully you have a mild case and get better asap. 

12 hours ago, El Chapomint said:

Robert's gonna have to fight me for the puddles!

Updated Attendee Count:

Friday Morning Convoy:

• Miles, Theresa, and Henry 
  • CRYA
  • yokrieger
  • Hudd130?
  • Gotrover?
  • SDS
  • Robert
  • The Bandy Clan

Friday Night Arrivals:

- None

Friday Morning Convoy Plan Draft:

Meeting Spot #1:

• Chevron - 540 Newhall Dr #20, San Jose, CA 95110
  • Depart at 8:00AM

Meeting Spot #2

• Cloverdale Chevron - 1165 S Cloverdale Blvd, Cloverdale, CA 95425
  • Depart at 10:00-10:30

Arrival at Usal Beach around 1:30PM. Our last gas will be in Leggett (more expensive) or Laytonville.

If any adjustments or recommendations are wanted, let me know.

Radio will be set to 146.460

image.png

Hopefully I did not miss anyone. 

Also, my phone is still down for the count, so if you need to reach out please call Theresa's cell - 402.270.0394

Updated Attendee Count:

Friday Morning Convoy:

• CRYA
  • yokrieger
  • MHARTD4
  • Gotrover
  • SDS
  • Robert
  • The Bandy Clan

I'm off to finish the last bit of packing! See everyone tomorrow.

Also, my phone came in last minute so if you need - 402.741.0231.

3 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

Updated Attendee Count:

Friday Morning Convoy:

• CRYA
  • yokrieger
  • MHARTD4
  • Gotrover
  • SDS
  • Robert
  • The Bandy Clan

I'm off to finish the last bit of packing! See everyone tomorrow.

Also, my phone came in last minute so if you need - 402.741.0231.

Miles, my plans have changed slightly and I will start from Scotts Valley around 9am, so will not be able to join the convoy. If something falls off the trucks, let me know - I'll pick it up.

I'll have GPS leading me to Usal Beach Campground.

Great pics and nice to meet you Martin. We had to boogie out earlier this morning. The rain and cold was messing with the head cold that developed on Friday. Looking forward to seeing the album. It was my first time and excited to go back when we can run the full trail. Pesky gate closures. 😏 It was great seeing folks from Mojave and meeting other members we hadn’t met before!

A24A6E1A-0CF3-4F26-82EB-2881DE8040B3.jpeg

9334BAEA-B8B3-46FC-B4C5-35ADA0F3B3CE.jpeg

69F8C1FA-B033-4507-91D0-820C68CFCF0C.jpeg

Edited by CRYA

On 11/13/2022 at 7:55 AM, MHARTD4 said:

Safely returned home yesterday. 

Glad you made it out okay - was great having you on the trip!

On 11/13/2022 at 10:49 AM, lutz said:

Man that looks beautiful I wish I would have went. Were there any river otters in the stream?

No otters that we saw!

Wildlife consisted of skunks, seagulls, turkey, geese, and some deer that I saw! We also spotted bear tracks on the beach.

22 hours ago, CRYA said:

Great pics and nice to meet you Martin. We had to boogie out earlier this morning. The rain and cold was messing with the head cold that developed on Friday. Looking forward to seeing the album. It was my first time and excited to go back when we can run the full trail. Pesky gate closures. 😏 It was great seeing folks from Mojave and meeting other members we hadn’t met before!

Yeah the gates were a bummer, but stationary camping was a nice change of pace. Glad you could make it!