July MORG - Corral Hollow

Hey y'all! The July MORG is coming up quickly!

Sorry everyone! Due to current and previous fires Big Sur roads are closed. Location has been updated to Corral Hollow.

When: July 17th and 18th

What: July MORG Corral Hollow - overnight camping optional.

Where: Corral Hollow

Things to know:

• Easy enough for stock trucks but more fun than just another fire road.
  • This is a MORG - all Rover owners and all vehicle models are welcome to join! If you have a friend that is a rover-head and wants to get a taste for the NCLR club life this would be a good trip.
  • Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

The plan is to run Corral Hollow and Mattley Ridge on saturday. For those of you who plan to camp we will be camping about half way through Corral Hollow.

Weather will be in the 80's in the during the day and low 60s over night.

Hi, I'm a bit new to this.  What does MORG and Ranged Event mean?  This sounds like a blast, been wanting to head to Big Sur for a while.

Cheers.

jcb

The MoRG stands for "Monthly Offroad Gathering" as a club we try to get out and hit the trails on the first weekend of each month. Due to the 4th of July so we typically do the 2nd or third weekend in July.

Theresa and I might be up for this one - haven't been down that way in a good while. Depends if El Chapomint comes down to help on the roof ; ).

I plan to attend. Corral Hollow is one of my favourite places to camp.

Yes, it’s near Bear Valley.

e4a3b34f463c0dca1a5903653e1ba32c.jpg

Check out my friend’s D1 in this picture.

Edited by RobertDingli

Just to be clear, we are talking about the Bear Valley skiing area near Alpine Lake off CA 4, correct?

Other California Bear Valleys and Corral Hollows pop up with a map or web search that might be confusing. The area near Alpine Lake is an NCLRC favorite: lots of great trails at all levels of difficulty, and not too far from where most of us live.

John M.

Edited by mirowsky

Just to be clear, we are talking about the Bear Valley skiing area near Alpine Lake off CA 4, correct?

Other California Bear Valleys and Corral Hollows pop up with a map or web search that might be confusing. The area near Alpine Lake is an NCLRC favorite: lots of great trails at all levels of difficulty, and not too far from where most of us live.

John M.

That's the one!

My son and I are planning on heading up early Saturday morning (~7am) from Silicon Valley if anyone wants to convoy.

We are looking forward to our first MORG!

If you are close to Cupertino, I also plan to leave at 7.

Note that my D2 is only happy to a max speed of 65 mph and so you will have to be comfortable at a leisurely pace.

Text me to organize a meeting point 4086370426

Make sure you have a radio tuned to 146.460. If you don’t have one, buy the cheapest Baofeng ham radio you can get on Amazon and I will show you how to set it up when we meet.

For example

Baofeng UV-5R Two Way Radio Dual Band 144-148/420-450Mhz Walkie Talkie 1800mAh Li-ion Battery(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XPB313/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VRHTPD7EJV56DY62BY20

If you are close to Cupertino, I also plan to leave at 7.

Note that my D2 is only happy to a max speed of 65 mph and so you will have to be comfortable at a leisurely pace.

Text me to organize a meeting point 4086370426

Make sure you have a radio tuned to 146.460. If you don’t have one, buy the cheapest Baofeng ham radio you can get on Amazon and I will show you how to set it up when we meet.

For example

Baofeng UV-5R Two Way Radio Dual Band 144-148/420-450Mhz Walkie Talkie 1800mAh Li-ion Battery(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XPB313/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VRHTPD7EJV56DY62BY20

I'm in North Los Altos and am waiting for delivery of a still cheap but longer-range Baofeng so I may need to take you up on your setup offer.  No worries on the 65mph top speed, will do me good to actually drive the limit for once...  ;-)

Will text you in a day or so to set up the rendezvous place.  My name is Jeff, my 15 year-old son is Matt, and my mobile is 650.906.7098.  

We’ll be up there, with the Landy - but we are hosting family - so, I will not be able to make the trail ride…however - I will try to stop by and say hi - at the meet up…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk