Oceano Dunes North Meets South Event

I would be happy to hook up with you guys @ high mountain (Garcia ridge ) as it is one of my local  trails... I just need a Range Rover Classic that runs though! will see when the event approaches. ;)

By now I thought you would have converted your classic to the Flintstone version.    :)

post-407-0-54537500-1619640998_thumb.jpg

having not settled on 18's yet for the L405 we'll be joining in the bone stock L405 ... I'll have my traction boards, shovel and recovery rope ready (at least I got it off the 22's onto 19's so I can air down a bit) 385e59088b099cae42f11847155b6962.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by bandykins

Almost ready for this trip. Lots of maintenance done just a little more to do. All I have left is a few electrical bugs to work out. I want my ac to work. A full maintenance on this truck seems to be 30 gal of oil. And 2 tubes of grease. I want to do coolant next I am just trying to figure out what the best coolant is as apparently there is cavitation issues that eat the block on this engine.

Back to the trip. Is it alright to arrive at camp later at night?

Since it's been awhile... How does one buy an Adventure Pass...? At the local ranger station? I can't find a working on-line link.

-- Paul

Almost ready for this trip. Lots of maintenance done just a little more to do. All I have left is a few electrical bugs to work out. I want my ac to work. A full maintenance on this truck seems to be 30 gal of oil. And 2 tubes of grease. I want to do coolant next I am just trying to figure out what the best coolant is as apparently there is cavitation issues that eat the block on this engine.

Back to the trip. Is it alright to arrive at camp later at night?

i was just watching a video about the cavitation problem on some diesel. I had no idea that was a issue.

Doesn't matter to me what time you make it. i'm planing on being at camp around 3 to 4 .Might have a few runs i need to do on friday.

Since it's been awhile... How does one buy an Adventure Pass...? At the local ranger station? I can't find a working on-line link.

-- Paul

I also need to get one they have them at big 5 last i looked.

It looks like our camp is really  close to the Garcia ridge trail

Yes it is . also im going to pick up a second vehicle pass in case anyone cant get one and i have a 1 day pass.

Sorry to hear Nick! We'll miss Walter as well..!

The road to the west from camp is a fire road with great views to the south and west. The other road is Garcia Ridge road which is a lot like some of the trails at Hollister. At one point, it becomes a real pin-striper. There are a bunch of trails in the Pozo off-road area to the Northeast from our rally point as well, with a super-cool saloon onlhy about 3 miles to the North from camp.

--PD

Sadly I have to bow out of this one. Hope everyone has a great time; should be an awesome trip!

Sorry to see you wont be able to make it.

what time will you guys be @ camp Friday?

May head out and say hi to ya'll with a big for sale sign on my Range Rover :angry:

im planning on being there around 4pm

Looks like I will be coming up Saturday morning. I’ll try to get you guys on the radio, but hopefully I’ll beat you guys there and will hang out near the beach by the entrance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. Plan is to get to beach around 10am that way it doesnt sell out on us. Will be at camp around 4 to 5pm friday

Edited by lutz

can someone post that gpx in a way that it can be accessed? it's currently locked...

otherwise, I'll just follow Google to hi mountain campground...

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by bandykins

Hope everyone made it back ok. 

We all had a blast and a huge thank you to Lutz for putting this on again this year!

Feel free upload pictures to the club photo album here!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Xyh7xr9T5giS8aL8