Gauging interest for Lost Coast trip before Thanksgiving...

I've been thinking of a trip to Lost Coast, possibly via Mendocino NF... and want to see if there is a broader interest within the club to do the same. I'm thinking of doing this either last couple weekends of October or 1st wk in November. 

A Lost Coast only trip could be done from Friday to Sunday. And adding route through Mendocino will likely move the start to Wednesday, and reach Lost Coast by Friday afternoon. 

I've seen older posts for treks to both LC & MNF, and I want to see if there are tips and suggestions whether doing both might be too much/rushed. 

Post here if you're interested in LC, or LC+MNF... 

I'd be interested as well - no surprise that the only hangup is.... timing!  Rebelle Rally is from the 14th-22nd of October and probably will want a breather the weekend afterward.  If we start to get into November for a weekend-only run (or a weekend meet up group with the longer trip) to LC, I'll probably be in on that.

I'm interested in Lost Coast.  Thanksgiving weekend is out for me.  Also, let's not forget Pismo in November as mentioned Saturday night at the annual.

Horrible problem to have -- too many trips to pick from!   ;)

I've been wanting to do Lost Coast for the last few years and keep missing the dates. I'm interested, but may also have the Rover under the knife during that window. 

You don't say?  Why would that be?   :P

Sounds like you struck a cord Cris.   Any thoughts more thoughts on when you'd like to go?  I can likely make most weekends and will try to do the longer run but between myself and Michele I'd say only 25% on more than 3 days.

Alright! Let's make the LC trip happen: Nov 3 - 5 (Fri - Sunday). Pencil it into your calendar. 

The MNF add-on is TBD.

I need couple more days to figure out MNF route to LC.

I hope to have this sorted before end of week. 

I'll start a new thread with details and sign-up. 

I don't think we need to limit # of trucks for the LC-only portion...(someone please let me know if we do need to).

Alright! Let's make the LC trip happen: Nov 3 - 5 (Fri - Sunday). Pencil it into your calendar. 

The MNF add-on is TBD.

I need couple more days to figure out MNF route to LC.

I hope to have this sorted before end of week. 

I'll start a new thread with details and sign-up. 

I don't think we need to limit # of trucks for the LC-only portion...(someone please let me know if we do need to).

Unless we have half a massive turn-out we shouldn't need to set any limits.  The road is easy and there's decent room at USAL Beach for rigs.  We may need to pay some attention to the numbers if we go to a formal campground one night.

I'll put it on the calendar as soon as the new thread is going.

Archived