Rovicon V!! Aug 25th - 27th

I would love to come, but want to run Hell Hole first to gauge how ready is I/D2 combo.

I haven't found any limits on trucks/people. Am I right to think that I will not have a problem with registering in mid-June?

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

I would love to come, but want to run Hell Hole first to gauge how ready is I/D2 combo.

I haven't found any limits on trucks/people. Am I right to think that I will not have a problem with registering in mid-June?

it will likely be sold out by then. The tickets don't last long once the are opened up to the general public. 

If I remember correctly, your rig was on the not the Rubicon Rovicon a couple of years ago, and I don't remember hearing that it had any problems. Also not sure how much he did or if that trip is comparable to the Rubicon. 

Might be worth signing up and might be able to sell the ticket if needed to someone on a waiting list. 

SEND IT!

If you have Renee's old truck it's definitely capable for Rubicon!!

Hell hole is a great warm up, so definitely the way to proceed!

We've increased the number of vehicles this year, so I think you have a good chance of it not being sold out by hell hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the input!

I'll register and start looking for dislocation cones and add spring retainers.

Edited by SDS

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Thank you all for the input!

I'll register and start looking for dislocation cones and add spring retainers.

Lets go buddy. 

its pretty easy… just go that way really really slow… something gets in your way… turn! 

52 minutes ago, Gustav Dow said:

Lets go buddy. 

its pretty easy… just go that way really really slow… something gets in your way… turn! 

Registered!

It's turning in the right direction that gets me...

Edited by SDS

I'm in the truck's drive train is all sorted-out witch caused me last year to bail out, just finishing the rear bumper and need to figure out how to secure cargo inside the vehicle. This is my first time any pointers what to bring extra parts? or what not to bring?

8 hours ago, Valentin Solinap said:

I'm in the truck's drive train is all sorted-out witch caused me last year to bail out, just finishing the rear bumper and need to figure out how to secure cargo inside the vehicle. This is my first time any pointers what to bring extra parts? or what not to bring?

If you’re tight for space, don’t feel like you need to bring all the tools. Pretty much everybody brings the basic stuff, so you’ll be able to borrow a lot of stuff. No need to have 45 ratchet and socket sets. Spare axle shafts are the most common parts needed. Other than that fluids are always handy to have. Steering components tend to get abused on trail. When we get closer to the event, it’s a good idea for the like vehicles to coordinate and split up the duty of carrying rare spares like fuel pumps, alternators, driveshafts, etc. The easiest way to coordinate is to start a separate thread on the forum for Classic drivers for the Rovicon and figure it out that way. No need to have 10 driveshafts getting carried around. July would be a good time to start that conversation. Should have registration completed by then.

8 hours ago, pilotgabe said:

I guess someone deleted my comment?

Does anyone else know why it is not transferable?

TIA!

We decided for many logistical reasons. What is your concern anyways? You have never registered before, you aren’t registered, you don’t have a vehicle that qualifies for registration… I am confused as to why you want us to explain to you why we came to the decision that registrations are not transferable. 
please feel free to DM Or call me with any concerns you are having with how the event is run. Thanks

Edited by Elherbinator

On 5/13/2023 at 10:54 PM, Valentin Solinap said:

The big rule of thumb in my opinion is weight is the enemy. You don't want to hinder your trucks performance or break parts because of the extra weight of your extra parts. It's a fine dancing line that I personally have not yet perfected as I tend to over pack and run to heavy. But coordinating with others like Eric said helps to spread the weight around. 

• Jethro changed the title to Rovicon V!! Aug 25th - 27th
1 hour ago, SLOHybrid said:

DO I dare ask when this event is happening?  not seeing a date anywhere?

It's in the Calendar post and I edited the topic to with future questions...  Aug 25-27th.

Love to have you back out there...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...