17" beadlocks

DHappel

Trail Ready beadlocks! US made, all aluminum.

The forged TR wheels are 100% made in the USA. The HD series Flowformed wheels are cast overseas and machined in the USA.

https://secure.trbeadlocks.com/FAQ.aspx

I have the HD17 and am very happy with them. It’s a little hard to scratch them for the first time, but you get over it very quickly.

The forged TR wheels are 100% made in the USA. The HD series Flowformed wheels are cast overseas and machined in the USA.

https://secure.trbeadlocks.com/FAQ.aspx

I have the HD17 and am very happy with them. It’s a little hard to scratch them for the first time, but you get over it very quickly.

All this bead lock talk is scaring my wallet.

And my cat... though, honestly, that may just be the cat.

For what you like to use the D1 for, having some weight in the wheels might be a good thing. Hell, competition crawlers will fill theirs up with water for the extra weight. Is there a reason for a concern with being around the weight you are now? I’m guessing it’s similar to mine at around 120-130lbs per wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had that in the back of my mind; certainly for crawling weight at the wheel isn't such a bad thing.  But over-all weight is a negative.  Heavy rotating mass is harder on axles, harder on brakes, worse on soft surfaces, worse on the road, etc.  

In reality I may not even notice if I were to shed a couple pounds per wheel.  But I was hoping between a lighter wheel and tire I might loose 10 or 15 lbs per tire.  That's 50-75 lbs over all.   How much it would impact the truck is anybody's guess, and in the end it looks like I wouldn't be able to drop that sort of weight anyway unless maybe I was willing to shell out mega-bucks for forged wheels and that's not gonna happen.

Come on, cats are all about grip. You know if a cat had a 4wd it would be on beadlocks.

I cannot disagree... However while the cat has been soothed the wallet is reaching hysterics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I cannot disagree... However while the cat has been soothed the wallet is reaching hysterics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

After reviewing the weights, I'm more happy about my steel wheels.  If you're OK with steel, Allied (raceline's steel version) is about half the cost of alloy.

http://www.caliwheels.com/wheel-machining-p-4.htm

These guys may be able to repair your old rim

This was a swing and a miss - they don't work on steel wheels.  They referred me to Wheel Tech who does do steel, but doesn't do lug drilling.  Now on to search for other repair shops

This was a swing and a miss - they don't work on steel wheels. They referred me to Wheel Tech who does do steel, but doesn't do lug drilling. Now on to search for other repair shops

Bummer, I really thought they would be able to help you based on their website.

Latest in the ongoing saga:

Went back to Stockton Wheel and convinced them to at least try re-drilling my old wheel.  Left it with them this afternoon and they're going to see if they can true it up in their lathe chuck and see what they can do when their machinist comes in.  Really I wouldn't have thought this would be so hard but...

If they can't the next options in order of escalating cost are

Take them my spare non-beadlock wheel and have them cut the center out of it and weld it into the beadlock, then buy another generic 15x10 steel spare

Order 4 new 15" steel Allied beadlocks.  Might go 15x8 instead of 15x10

Order 5 new 17" alloy beadlocks and tires - this is a bit of a budget buster though

In a couple days we'll know if they can re-drill it or not.  

Latest in the ongoing saga:

Went back to Stockton Wheel and convinced them to at least try re-drilling my old wheel. Left it with them this afternoon and they're going to see if they can true it up in their lathe chuck and see what they can do when their machinist comes in. Really I wouldn't have thought this would be so hard but...

If they can't the next options in order of escalating cost are

Take them my spare non-beadlock wheel and have them cut the center out of it and weld it into the beadlock, then buy another generic 15x10 steel spare

Order 4 new 15" steel Allied beadlocks. Might go 15x8 instead of 15x10

Order 5 new 17" alloy beadlocks and tires - this is a bit of a budget buster though

In a couple days we'll know if they can re-drill it or not.

Don’t forget the portal axles

• 4 weeks later...

All this time and I STILL don't have my wheel back from Stockton Wheel.

They seldom answer the phone so I generally have to just stop by.  Twice I've done that and been told it would be ready in a few days.  I would then give them more than the requested time and come back only to find nothing had been done.  Per the last visit on Monday they were supposed to be done on Wed.  I'm going down tomorrow (Friday) in hopes it's ready.

All this time and I STILL don't have my wheel back from Stockton Wheel.

They seldom answer the phone so I generally have to just stop by.  Twice I've done that and been told it would be ready in a few days.  I would then give them more than the requested time and come back only to find nothing had been done.  Per the last visit on Monday they were supposed to be done on Wed.  I'm going down tomorrow (Friday) in hopes it's ready.

Reminds me of Ashtree Restoration International in the UK.......

May the Land Rover Gods appreciate all you do, and give you a good resolution.....

Unbelievable

Amazing

Shocking

Unheard-of

...It's actually done!

Now tomorrow I'll get to pull all my tires off and install my new fancy valve stems, remount them, put the spare away, and finally be done playing wheel games for a while.

Oh for f#ck's sake.... Picked the wheel up Friday.  Saturday I went to install it only to find it won't fit.  They missed the drill pattern just slightly.  So that wasn't frustrating or anything.

They open at 8:30 today (monday) and I was on their doorstep at 8:35 figuring I wanted to give them a chance open the doors before I arrived.  By 8:45 nobody had shown up and I had to get to my first job (that I'd already delayed from my planned 8am start).  

I made a long lunch run back to Stockton again and dropped the wheel and hub off.  The owner/machinist wasn't there so I just left it with the counter guy.  Hopefully I'll hear something back in the next day or two.  (note:  breath not held)

:angry: