Shaver Lake snow-run 2020 - Feb 15-17

We are heading up Saturday morning and leaving Sunday night.

Does anyone have extra room in there campsite for Saturday night? I will be just a truck with a roof top tent Will be happy to pay for the site.

We're on vacation so we won't be in a rush, but we're leaving in the morning and should be there around 3pm.

A little bummed about the weather but not enough to cancel.

See you guys.

PS. I'm too lazy to read the interwebs or the manual for this ham radio so I'll need help with that in trade for some cheap beer and decent whiskey.

It would have been nice to get some fresh snow, but the drive up Bald Mountain is a fun one. It’ll be nice to actually be able to drive some instead of sitting around so much like last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In exchange for decent whisky, but not cheap beer, I will be happy to direct you to someone who can educate you about ham radios — or at a minimum I’ll tell you our secret frequency. See you up there. Edited by LP Rover

We're home. Replaced motor mount bolt at the bottom of the hill there and drove home with no issues. I did destroy one TRE but those were on the list for replacement anyway.

Thank you to everyone for letting us tag along. We had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing old friends. I apologise if we didn't get to say goodbye to you. I wasn't sure where everyone was camped and I didn't see many of the trucks this morning.

Let me know where I can upload all my pictures and video and hopefully download some of yours as well.

I'd needed, I can host all the data on my Google drive and provide a free upload/download link.

Let me know where I can upload all my pictures and video and hopefully download some of yours as well.

I'd needed, I can host all the data on my Google drive and provide a free upload/download link.

Great meeting you as well!  

We definitely need a link to share all the photos and videos.  I definitely want to grab the video from Ryan's drone -- @enderwiggin187 will need to coordinate with him.  I'm not sure, but looked like the club might have had a photographer out with us on Sunday as well -- should be some cool pics.  

Edited by LP Rover

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YifSemM5ccUzJASKA

Here is an album to share photos. Please put what you got in there. I think I did it right, but I may not have so let me know if it doesn’t work

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YifSemM5ccUzJASKA

Here is an album to share photos. Please put what you got in there. I think I did it right, but I may not have so let me know if it doesn’t work

I added my photos as well.

I noticed a lot of the shots are short 1 or 2 second loops - am I only getting the thumbnail clips or were they shot that way?

I’m delighted that mine is not the only L322 in our club to hit the trails as of last weekend. I’ll need to stop referring to it as ‘the L322’ in future.

I was the last or second last through some of the interesting challenges and the track was getting rather mashed up by then. I didn’t get to take too many photos myself but a friend caught some L322 action which I have added to the google photo set.

Thanks for everyone’s support in getting every vehicle through to the end. Our friends in the D5 were super excited to join the run and are now contemplating what tires to buy to replace the OE ATs. I hope to get them into the club and encourage them to learn the amazing capabilities of their vehicle.

Edited by RobertDingli

Well - that was fun - scary at a couple of moments, but fun all the same....  Glad to know my winch works!  Both with recovery assistance, and being recovered.  Special thanks to Lutz and Joe for the guidance/recoveries.  

@Gustav - i purchased the metal grill from these guys.....  https://www.facebook.com/DefenderAccesories/    

@Lutz - I think i got the aluminum "Land Rover 90" badge from seriesdefender.com, but Roversnorth.com has the sticker version....

If I missed anything/anyone - please ping me....  It was a long day, got back home around 11 pm that night.....still "recovering".....  

Cheers! 

Serge 

Edited by SplurGn

I added my photos as well.

I noticed a lot of the shots are short 1 or 2 second loops - am I only getting the thumbnail clips or were they shot that way?

It may be because they are “live” photos. It’s an Apple thing that makes the photos more like really short videos. Nice thing about it is that you can slightly adjust when the photo takes place, useful if you’re taking an action shot or somebody blinks or something. Eats up more memory tho, but at this stage we all have loads of that. Something you’ll have to figure out now that you’re entering the Appleverse.

Had a great first run. It was nice meeting everyone and I'm looking forward to future events. Big thanks to Eric and Joe for getting me there and back, especially towards the end...

No man left behind.

Even goes for the Toyotas and Fords.

• 2 months later...