10th Annual Member's Appreciation Weekend "OktRoverFest" Official Thread!

**Voyager Rack Event Discount**

http://www.voyagerracks.com/images/Voyager_Offroad_Logo_Black.jpg

Members,

The good folks at Voyager Racks are donating two Ladders for our raffle, which is great...especially if you own a P38 or a D2.

If you don't, or are looking for a Rack, Voyager is offering an Event Discount of 10% on racks and accessories through Tuesday night. (so we can get back on the grid ;-)

Take a look at their site and if you have any question on Racks, fitment, or accessories, send an email to info@voyageroffroad.com They'd like orders placed by end of day on Tuesday but I would assume if you have emailed them a question they will work with you to find the right product and place the order.

Their rack are industrial grade and used all over the world in commercial applications, these are not for show but they do look good.  They also have a bunch of accessories and mounts for hi-lift, Jerry cans, Axe, Shovel etc..

Give's a look!

Tom

PS We have been humbled by the amount of support the Rover Community has shown our club! Texts, email, Facebook Posts, Instagram, etc... we really have something to be proud of here.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I will be heading out to Hollister from Napa on Friday evening as soon as I get off work (6:00 PMish). I have never been, and do not want to be the guy that comes rolling into camp at 1:00AM because I got lost. Any tips/advice/directions on how to get to Base Camp would be greatly appreciated.

Same here, where is "area 5"

Here's the physical address of the ranger station: 7800 Cienega Rd, Hollister, CA 95023, but if you look on a gps satellite map it shows the park at about 5800. Either way, like Phil said, go past where you turn off for the ranger station and there will be signs on the right side of the road and less than a half a mile down is Area 5 on the right side. There should be banners and such, but it will be dark. You can also call out on a ham radio if you have one and someone will hear you... probably.

I will be leaving San Jose around 7pm. Not sure how long it takes for you to get to San Jose, but if you pass through around then, let me know and I'll wait for you.

As you pass the ranger station turn off on your right hand side, Area 5 will be the next big area on your right but before the entrance to Upper Ranch. It's right in the middle of this map: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/hollisterhillstext_upperranch_final.pdf

Here's the physical address of the ranger station: 7800 Cienega Rd, Hollister, CA 95023, but if you look on a gps satellite map it shows the park at about 5800. Either way, like Phil said, go past where you turn off for the ranger station and there will be signs on the right side of the road and less than a half a mile down is Area 5 on the right side. There should be banners and such, but it will be dark. You can also call out on a ham radio if you have one and someone will hear you... probably.

I will be leaving San Jose around 7pm. Not sure how long it takes for you to get to San Jose, but if you pass through around then, let me know and I'll wait for you.

Thanks everybody! Unfortunately, I don't think there is anyway I will be able to make it to San Jose by 7pm.

Thanks everybody! Unfortunately, I don't think there is anyway I will be able to make it to San Jose by 7pm.

I guess I'm the only guy that wanted to write "between Area 4 and Area 6"... 

:-)

See you there, we'll keep a Brat warm and beer cold for ya!

So I will be heading out to Hollister from Napa on Friday evening as soon as I get off work (6:00 PMish). I have never been, and do not want to be the guy that comes rolling into camp at 1:00AM because I got lost. Any tips/advice/directions on how to get to Base Camp would be greatly appreciated. 

All these people telling you how to get there, and posting maps of where the area is.

They could have just done this:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Napa,+CA/36.762722,-121.4038232/@36.7620185,-121.4070502,806m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!4m7!1m5!1m1!1s0x8084ffe7f8f2deef:0xd6629f3a3384c725!2m2!1d-122.286865!2d38.2975381!1m0

True but if you've never been before it's hard to find especially because there aren't any street lights on that road and not having cell service makes it pretty crappy to find at midnight.

Wow...! This thread has gone viral!

Please keep in mind the "Southern Contingent" plus TigerDan have dibs on the South and upper (higher) end of the camping area! Board members can grovel down below under the trees. J/K kinda! Gilbert will be the highest camper in elevation I bet.

Lutzi and I will be arriving around 5 pm Friday via an expedition to Clear Creek Management Area and the 1st 'unofficial" NCLR ascent of San Benito Peak (elev. 5,266') with special permission from BLM. Hope to share pics either Friday night or Saturday. This trip should eventually become an official NCLR run, assuming I pass the trail leader training course....!

--Paul

With the group pic at 11 on Sunday, do we have to be out by NOON on Sunday, or do we have all day?

Just wanting to be in the mindset to have Board Breakfast, break camp, get out...or if we have the leisure of packing after group photos.

Better late than never, I suppose -  just registered. Apologies to Chris & rest of organizers for such late notice. 

Family is so much fun...we had kept this weekend open for out-of-country relatives that we thought were coming this week, but they just pushed it back this morning. Oy vey.

Lol, Its part of its "Natural Rover Sitting Patina" 

No, any other color that works...but if you own a white rover and leave it dirty, you may as well have bought a cornish cream.  And that is NOT the color to own.  I almost bought a LWB that color, but when the wife and I saw it, the first question was "will that wash off"....nope, factory color.

With the group pic at 11 on Sunday, do we have to be out by NOON on Sunday, or do we have all day?

Just wanting to be in the mindset to have Board Breakfast, break camp, get out...or if we have the leisure of packing after group photos.

No need to rush out - you can take your time.  I know some folks will likely be on the road by 12 but plenty of others will still be packing up at a relaxed pace.

Archived