Lost Coast Trip November 2014

I had a long thing written out about this topic, but it's not my trip so i'll leave it at this -- when I hear about a non-NCLR member attending an NCLR trip, my mind goes to safety issues and club liability. I think if someone wants to experience the club as a prospective member, they can A. go to a MORG or non-trip related gathering or B. sit shotgun in a member vehicle as a guest.

...and all of those opinions I just wrote above are worth no more than 2¢... ::bigsmile::

-Jared

The original policy, when the club was formed, was exclusivity for LR owners on trips. Guests who were LR owners were allowed ONE "free" trip. Any subsequent "free" trips were NOT allowed unless guest joined the club.

Non-LR owners were allowed as passenger only of club members.

The policy was copied from SCLR.

This is a LR club. Don't lose focus.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the policy is anyone (non-member) can attend 1 club event as a guest and after that they should join to continue participating. We (the board of directors) are looking at revising this policy. The goal of course is to encourage new members.

yup i'm familiar with our original, long-standing policy for guests, but wasn't sure if it has changed so that's why i asked. you n00bs should take note :-) think of it this way, it's a good chance to practice our recovery skills.

My co worker just got back from driving lost coast. He said there was a pretty bad washed out section on usal rd which took some shovel/rock stacking. He stayed at the barn/cabin in the state park that I seen in some of Ron's pics from a previous trip. Sounds like it's gonna be fun!

"Non-LR owners were allowed as passenger only of club members.

The policy was copied from SCLR.

This is a LR club. Don't lose focus."

Agreed. As much as I like to embrace the whole off-road community, it makes me WAAAY more warm & fuzzy to see nothing but Land-Rovers at a Land-Rover event.

--Paul

it makes me WAAAY more warm & fuzzy to see nothing but Land-Rovers at a Land-Rover event.

--Paul

Paul got it right. Sure, I'm a n00b ::blink1:: and perhaps the old way is the only way but if it were put to a vote, from a vehicle & driver perspective I would vote to have Land Rovers only with members driving on NCLR trips. Happy to have a Jeeper or Yota guest ride in my Range Rover any time though... might cause them to see the light. ::amuse::

He said there was a pretty bad washed out section on usal rd which took some shovel/rock stacking.

I'm looking forward to this trip, especially after your co-worker's trip report -- hopefully the conditions stay about the same!

-Jared

I'm looking forward to this trip, especially after your co-worker's trip report -- hopefully the conditions stay about the same!

-Jared

"He said there was a pretty bad washed out section on usal rd which took some shovel/rock stacking".

Sounds like a challenge - calling our names!

Land Rover! Land Rover. Come Out & Play (smile)!

"He said there was a pretty bad washed out section on usal rd which took some shovel/rock stacking".

Sounds like a challenge - calling our names!

Land Rover! Land Rover. Come Out & Play (smile)!

I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a challenge.... whoohoo!

Been following and would like to join the group on this trip! Won't have an operable LR by that time... any chance I can bring one of my other vehicles?

You might also want to follow the following link regarding the closure of USAL road (happens some time in the fall every year between MP 6.26 and 24.30) http://www.co.mendocino.ca.us/dot/roadClosures.htm

Cheers,

challenge, schmallenge... I see no reason we wont' be successful in getting Sean to spoon with Doc's padre. hell, after seeing his trailer and knowing he works for Mr. Musk, I'm more than happy to be Sean's body pillow.

now there's your weird, Don.

I would agree Griff... You hit the weird and I'm ok with it. I'll be taking applications 😳

Archived