Annual Event Oct 8-10

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be there with either 2 or 3 kids. If I take all 3, I may get a hall pass for both nights. However, while my older two will be fine, the youngest (at 2.5) will make the experience much more challenging. And he was not a big fan of off roading during his first trip this past weekend. At the latest, I'll be down Saturday mid-morning.

Ron/powers-that-be, if you still want me to take care of the keg(s), let me know yay or nay. I'd like to be able to give my connection a heads-up.

Ron/powers-that-be, if you still want me to take care of the keg(s), let me know yay or nay. I'd like to be able to give my connection a heads-up.

Mike, can we get back to Mark re: the keg.

Thanks!

Ok I paid for 1 (me) for my ticket; my wife and kids are not sure; since it's only me, I can help partrol or even lead (un-organized) a trail run.

FYI: Paypal confirm # is Transaction ID: 76J01020WM907001N

Ron, Mark etc.....I was not planning on handling beer/liquor for the event. Drinks are being addressed outside of the catering as well.

If club members want to pool in, then lets get that arranged or if the directors want the club to pay, then lets address this quickly.

Ron, Mark etc.....I was not planning on handling beer/liquor for the event. Drinks are being addressed outside of the catering as well.

If club members want to pool in, then lets get that arranged or if the directors want the club to pay, then lets address this quickly.

I've cut back on liquor also but occassionally have what Mark calls devil's juice (smile).

Today, I will drink one or two beer or wine today and I am good; not much into vodka or tequilla drinks today.

Maybe BYO is way to go/cut cost is a good call. I am planning to bring my fridge and since I have not sold my old fridge, have plenty of Pacifico to enjoy!

Dinner we paid for I hope atleast include water (smile). Ok, let me be specific - bottled iced water, and not from the mud pit.

If I can get the kids out of school early that day, I will be there around noon. If not, I'll be there around 5pm.

Oops, just read the info on the club website... I guess Area 5 won't be available until 3pm. Also, just so I make sure I understand it correctly, there is no need to register if one is not participating in the dinner Saturday night, correct?

Yes Steven, that is correct although you can shoot me an email and let me know if you want.

I have been perplexed by this issue as I will have to be vigilant at the chow line, but I trust the members to not eat if they dont pay. This is an experiment.

I have long felt that attendance did not mean you HAD to buy dinner. The event is the club event and if you want to attend, but don't want to do dinner (heck for me and my lactose intolerance it is a 50/50 if I could eat somethings) then I want you to have options.

We shall see how it goes. But again, NO NEED TO REGISTER IF YOU ARE CAMPING ONLY. ONLY REGISTER FOR SHIRTS AND IF YOU WANT THE BBQ DINNER. NO REGISTRATIONS FOR DINNER AFTER SEPT 30 AS OF RIGHT NOW.

I understand. If the economy is the same next year, I will suggest pot luck.....

I think that the envisionment for the event is a time when ALL memebers of the club can come and meet/wheel/hang. And I understand perfectly.

I guess I will chime in as I have been busy to say the least and am really as usual looking forward to potentially destroying my LWB this year:p I was thinking Tank Traps backwards? Uuh! no! BYOA is a good idea as last years keg incident was a pain in the arse due to the stupid wrong nozzle and when resolved if I remember correctly it was hardly touched.

Happy to donate my monies to a good cause such as the Megan McClung Memorial Run.

Too early on for a company donation.. sorry! but will keep you posted.

Looking forward to seing everyone. I'll be there Friday.;)

Same what for guests? Dinner is a fee for service, camping is free. That way guests can come and experience the club and maybe join. Dinner is not a profit maker for the club, the idea is to cover costs of the catering. Please remember to participate in the raffle, which is the fundraiser for the NCLR.

Archived