Annual Event Oct 8-10

Our Annual Event is right around the corner. Today I received our official promoter event registration packet from HH for processing early next week. Michael (Astateofmike) expect an email sometime next week with a copy. We need to kick the planning into high gear....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you know what the cost will be to attend this year?

still up in the air... cost roughly equals (A + B) / C

A= Fix cost of park reservation fee $500

B= Cost of Catering for Saturday Nights dinner (not finalized)

C= Expected number of adult attendees

$25 per person was number for last year.... I'm hoping for something at least the same or even less if dinner plans are minimized?????

Although catering is nice, IMHO, it would be cool (and cheaper) if we all split the cost of a BBQ pit and condiments, just have everyone bring their own meat & drink. It would still provide an opportunity for everyone to enjoy the socializing of a meal together and allow those of us with picky-eater kids to individualize the meals. Just a thought. It would also be cool to have a little fire built for kids to roast hotdogs on, with supervision of their respective parental figures.

the BYO option has crossed our minds especially since Mexxi's will not be catering this year.... if so I would lobby no cost entry fee to members and have the club pick up the $500 tab...... expected raffle income should offset cost..... pull barbeque resources..... pass the hat early Saturday and pick up a keg down town.....

Well, that should have come up before. I think Enrique is locking up the catering part for me with the only vendor to reply. If so, and we BYOB libations will keep prices to $25 or below.....

Will, if you want to make admin changes to the current agenda (which was discussed at the last BOD meeting) start an Officers only discussion as this needs to be addressed asap.

Another key point to remember Steven is that if you come and camp and DO NOT partake in the catered dinner, there is no cost. My planning is that the club pays for the Area 5, the "money" paid to attend the event is to eat...camping and bringing your own food is always, and should always remain, fine.

Let's get the party started! Woohoo.

I don't mind BYO alcohol; remember not everyone in the club consumes alcohol (I do but I can name a few who would don't) so might not be a bad idea. Onces who do - sounds like we can tap into Mark's connection and just pitch-in. Question: how do we get the keg or kegs from Mark's connection to HH.

Another key point to remember Steven is that if you come and camp and DO NOT partake in the catered dinner, there is no cost.
Good to know. I will probably participate in the dinner but why pay $25 for the boys when they would be happier roasting a $2 pack of hotdogs on a campfire? Know what I mean?

Onces who do - sounds like we can tap into Mark's connection and just pitch-in. Question: how do we get the keg or kegs from Mark's connection to HH.

If this option works for people, I can arrange it but would need at least a week's notice. And I would pick the keg(s) up and bring them down Saturday.

gaining a little weight now aren't we....

LOL, nope, actually lost weight! The material of this year's shirt is very scratchy and it shrunk upwards even though it is "preshrunk". Since we have already done tshirts for several years and hoodies too, I suggest we do a thermal top next year. District Threads makes a nice fitting thermal. I'll bring one to the event to show you. Your printing guy should be able to get District Threads and, if not, I'll refer you to my guy.

Archived