June MORG - Slick Rock Trail June 10-12th

On 6/7/2022 at 5:57 AM, Gustav Dow said:

Hey all

yes we can setup a second group for Coral Hollow or Sourgrass. Does anyone here have experience on either of thoae trails who would like to lead?

slick rock trail count looks to be 11 people so far. Are we getting a Georgia Bulldogs fan on this run??? Go dawgs 

Looking forward to it. Getting things ready today and plan on heading there late Friday afternoon. Lisa will be coming with me this time. Looking forward to frying up some chicken and having some bourbon. Yes, I am bringing some of my wine. Bring your own wine glass.

I finished installing the rear upper/lower arms and got it aligned today. So far nothing fell off, so I'm ready to go.

The plan is to start driving from Santa Cruz around 3-4pm tomorrow (Friday). I'll come with my kids.

It would be great if someone could send me coordinates of the campsite. I have an idea of where it is, but it would be nice to know for sure 🙂

On Saturday morning I'm ready to go on either Coral Hollow or Sourgrass. So far, it looks like Eric and maybe Erin will be going?

Reading this from camp (ATT provider) the link near the bottom of the first post is right on top of camp! Worked great for Google maps! 

A suggestion would be to leave a car parked or something Land Rover related near the turn off to camp. Something you can’t miss since it sounds like folks will be showing up after dusk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, So...Yoder said:

Reading this from camp (ATT provider) the link near the bottom of the first post is right on top of camp! Worked great for Google maps! 

Ah, I missed the link. I have it now.

If I do get lost, it should be close enough for ham contact, hopefully.

Hey all

we will be at utica lake until 4pm but my truck will be parked on the main road so hard to miss. We will be at camp around 5 and the wet bar will be open :D.

ill have my radio on set to 146.460 so ping if you all need a spot down to camp. We are camped 300 yards from the trail head and you cant miss us. Same camp as the first night at rovicon(rerouteacon) last year. 

My phone is working at the lake so call if you need anything!!!

1-650-704-6913

Made it to Sunol. There was much traffic. It was very hot. The car started getting very hot. The brakes are not stopping as well as I would like. There is a decent oil leak coming from either the front main seal or the front of the oil pan. When I filled up the tank with gas, it leaked all over the place. I went back home. The RRC is not quite ready for prime time.

BA796DCD-3C66-4761-97C7-4FF7AF9E56A4.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jethro said:

Confusing photo for the album set lol...

Unfortunately I can't start a photo album without a photo - so my go to is usually @foster whipping donuts at Frank Raines. Once photos are added I try to log in and delete the first one ; )

Well official screw ball of the trip award needs to go to me because I took dozens of what I'm sure were national geographic level photos but happened to not put a memory card in the camera. So I got exactly 1 picture from the trip when I went through a sand storm on the way home. For your viewing pleasure is some dust and my spare tire.20220612_112203.thumb.jpg.fb950ebbc9c3e323cd409c1c9cab15e5.jpg

Edited by Renorover

20 minutes ago, Renorover said:

Well official screw ball of the trip award needs to go to me because I took dozens of what I'm sure were national geographic level photos but happened to not put a memory card in the camera. So I got exactly 1 picture from the trip when I went through a sand storm on the way home. For your viewing pleasure is some dust and my spare tire.20220612_112203.thumb.jpg.fb950ebbc9c3e323cd409c1c9cab15e5.jpg

This is a bummer! It happened to me once before. I blame the camera manufacturer for not showing BIG RED icon that obscures the shot and says NO CARD.

But no worries, your dust/tire photo can still get into NatGeo if they appreciate the uniqueness of the apparent 90 degree rotation of gravitational force that affected the photographer only. "Series" anomaly?

I have some videos that Daniel and I took. I'll upload later today.

I’ve uploaded what I had. Hope the quality of the videos will improve. It looks like google is reprocessing them somehow. If the resolution does not get better, I'll try to upload again later.

Edited by SDS

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I’ve uploaded what I had. Hope the quality of the videos will improve. It looks like google is reprocessing them somehow. If the resolution does not get better, I'll try to upload again later.

The club switched over to Google "One" (the paid plan) I have all of the settings turned on to maintain original resolution. Let me know if they don't remain at intended resolution and I'll look into it.

22 minutes ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

The club switched over to Google "One" (the paid plan) I have all of the settings turned on to maintain original resolution. Let me know if they don't remain at intended resolution and I'll look into it.

I just checked and videos are at 1080p, which is what I used. It looks like it does take a little while for google to process the files after the upload.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I just checked and videos are at 1080p, which is what I used. It looks like it does take a little while for google to process the files after the upload.

Excellent : ).

All in all I have to say a very good run and credit where it's due my hats off to Gustav for leading us through and being the bar tender. Aside from a rock reaching out and unlocking my hub by some magic trick. We didn't have any break downs or issues. Traffic through the trail was light which let us have a fantastic lunch at alpine lake. Then at camp we got lazy at the river with adult beverages and rover building dreams. A fun run with fun people and sorry to everyone who had to eat with my dog wanting to be uncomfortably close.