Dates: April 9-10 , Saturday - Sunday

Type:  Easy wheeling with dispersed camping. Any stock vehicle will be fine

Activities: fishing and litter clean up

Meet up: 10am Saturday at the Road Trip Bar and Grill in Esparto

24989 State Highway 16

Esparto, CA 95607

This is going to be the same MORG we had last April. It will be a nice and easy drive on dirt roads to get to Indian Valley Reservoir. There will be ruts and some steep hills, but will be fine for any stock vehicle. Assuming the water level is still low, we will drop onto the lakebed and camp near the water. It’s BLM land, so basically anything goes. There won’t be any facilities. Bring plenty of firewood. 

We will be spending some time picking up trash like last year. Because the BLM allows for basically unsupervised use of the area, people tend to trash it. So we will be doing our part to keep it clean. The expectation will be to haul out an extra trash bag full of litter per vehicle.  Last year we managed to get quite a bit in a short amount of time.

Besides the trash pick up, the main activities will be driving, paddling, and fishing. The area is pretty much completely open for driving. There are a few areas to play around in and plenty of mud pits to get stuck in. It’s also a great place to let young drivers play around. It’s totally open and a safe place for first timers to get a little wheel time off pavement. 
The fishing is usually good. I have never gotten skunked here and we had some good luck last year. We caught Bass, Carp, and catfish at last April’s MORG which included a PB (personal best) for Roberts son Jason.
Bring any kayaks or canoes  you might have. We will be camping right on the water and launching will be easy. There are no motorized boats out there, so it’s a really mellow place to paddle around. 

972FCE68-D517-4947-A79E-32515746955D.jpeg

07591F10-F45B-4614-B39B-629BF3EF2A3E.jpeg

4F2D69ED-B43C-4618-8C68-011F7B534EBC.jpeg

D25152E7-30D8-47DF-AE78-4FD7F447E88B.jpeg

17707061-4C7A-442B-A52A-48B694661BCB.jpeg

CDE46B51-B497-41FF-A58B-85F5074BC310.jpeg

4E473647-27C5-4ADC-86B3-FE7A3EB535CB.jpeg

3117955A-7DB4-40D8-828E-2C1F319BCAC6.jpeg

Edited by Elherbinator

3 hours ago, Elherbinator said:

Trip is this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

😯 totally mixed that up. Thanks buddy for some reason thought you guys were out last weekend! Hope it’s a good one. Hopefully next year’s won’t conflict with another club event.

I was really hoping to make this trip but will sadly have to miss it this year. It turns out it’s my son’s birthday and, since he’s missed birthday parties for two years, it’s going to be an important one.

Have a great trip.

Just checking in since the trip is this weekend. Everything is still a go as planned. Looks like I’ll be driving my Tahoe instead of any of my 2 rovers due to me not having time to fix them. But the Tahoe has a Trutrac and a winch so I’ll be all good. A buddy of mine is also coming in a Jeep, so we’ll have a pretty mixed bunch this trip.
The bass should be spawning now, so the fishing should be good. So if you’re bringing fishing gear, you may want to focus on bass stuff. Although we did catch carp and catfish at last April’s MORG.
Feel free to confirm you’re coming on this thread so we can make sure to look out for you before we head off.
I will have my handheld radio with me on 146.460, my cell phone will also be with me 408-772-8534
Looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend

46 minutes ago, Renorover said:

I was really hoping to make it out there but work is once again being inconvenient as usual. I want to see pictures of the Tahoe stuck like your d2 at hell hole last year.

So many workaholics these days. Just in case I avoid the mud pits this weekend, here are some Tahoe stuck shots from Indian Valley that rival my D2 at Hell Hole

71DE4370-1379-41DD-A0BD-13E77C33C7E2.jpeg

4450156C-8508-445D-82E1-D25DAC5CE63F.jpeg

36278C19-6D8F-4BE5-A097-1E64DCB1EEBD.jpeg

Edited by Elherbinator

Is it through walker ridge road? How long is the trail?

I’m debating as I Found out that the rubber on the drive shaft is going out and it moves like jagger.

Usually go out that way and come in from Leesville rd. It’s a pretty easy “trail”. Not really any worse on the driveshaft than the freeway. Probably about an hour though

Usually go out that way and come in from Leesville rd. It’s a pretty easy “trail”. Not really any worse on the driveshaft than the freeway. Probably about an hour though

Cool. I will do a day trip! ( again) will see you guys tomorrow.