10th Annual Member's Appreciation Weekend "OktRoverFest" Official Thread!

Also, special thanks to those who kept an eye on Greyson during Rupert's recovery. That was truly a team effort and lots of fun actually!

Ah, good to know that worked out well!  Rupert thought you guys might get bored so he planned that from the beginning!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are the drone pics?  Tom's ladder clearly wasn't high enough for a group that big!

Yeah....as I think the drone flew over before some people had to leave too...I would like to see that footage.  

The photos are spectacular though.  

Here's the run we did for group 2.  For the more challenging part, from the end point at the 5 fingers gate we headed over to the base of Truck Hill and had a few passes up/down plus some runs through the crevasse (Jarrel Curve I believe is the nickname, thought there's really no curve there).  Thanks to Colin for providing spotting through the crevasse!

https://www.gaiagps.com/public/FN22BQOhRGFVoAeICI85QShu

I'm still going through my photos but here is a quick video I threw together.

Cheers,

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

**Voyager Rack Event Discount**

http://www.voyagerracks.com/images/Voyager_Offroad_Logo_Black.jpg

Members,

The good folks at Voyager Racks are donating two Ladders for our raffle, which is great...especially if you own a P38 or a D2.

If you don't, or are looking for a Rack, Voyager is offering an Event Discount of 10% on racks and accessories through Tuesday night. (so we can get back on the grid ;-)

Take a look at their site and if you have any question on Racks, fitment, or accessories, send an email to info@voyageroffroad.com They'd like orders placed by end of day on Tuesday but I would assume if you have emailed them a question they will work with you to find the right product and place the order.

Their rack are industrial grade and used all over the world in commercial applications, these are not for show but they do look good.  They also have a bunch of accessories and mounts for hi-lift, Jerry cans, Axe, Shovel etc..

Give's a look!

Tom

PS We have been humbled by the amount of support the Rover Community has shown our club! Texts, email, Facebook Posts, Instagram, etc... we really have something to be proud of here.

Bump... 

Reminder to contact Voyager by tomorrow evening if you are interested in pursuing the discount.

Thanks!!

Bump... 

Reminder to contact Voyager by tomorrow evening if you are interested in pursuing the discount.

Thanks!!

Do you know who our contact is for the discount?

Whoops, just saw the email address.  Thanks.

Just in case anyone wants a preview of the moderate "non Don run" here ya go https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161002/7417aadb13eff8f5039b3c42b90ed222.jpg

The tire that "blew" had 600mi on it. Les Swab said it would be N/C and be replaced by Wed. BTW had vehicle "inspected" by CTmotorwerks and I'm guessing the side force on the lft rear pass. wheel did something nasty to the bearing when it dug into the hillside to stop me.  

The tire that "blew" had 600mi on it. Les Swab said it would be N/C and be replaced by Wed. BTW had vehicle "inspected" by CTmotorwerks and I'm guessing the side force on the lft rear pass. wheel did something nasty to the bearing when it dug into the hillside to stop me.  

Did you ever find an object you hit that caused the blowout?

Did we get a picture of the blown tire?  Sidewall or tread puncture?  Did it just come off the wheel due to side loading?

As to wheel bearings, I haven't had to do them on mine but I'm constantly worrying about them given the miles on the truck and the fact the tires make so much noise I wouldn't be able to hear one starting to go bad.

Did we get a picture of the blown tire? Sidewall or tread puncture? Did it just come off the wheel due to side loading?

As to wheel bearings, I haven't had to do them on mine but I'm constantly worrying about them given the miles on the truck and the fact the tires make so much noise I wouldn't be able to hear one starting to go bad.

I went through the posted photos on SmugMug and you can see the tire off the wheel, but I didn't look closely enough to see if the picture has the tire damage as well... I recall hearing that there may have been a root or stump over radio but that was simply conjecture at the time.

The mystery must be solved!

Did you ever find an object you hit that caused the blowout?

No, it was a sidewall. I quickly saw it at Les Schwab it looked like it was an actual internal blowout. An actual sidewall weakness? There was another tear about 6 inches from it. I wonder if that was caused by the rim when bead lost.Dont know.

Did we get a picture of the blown tire?  Sidewall or tread puncture?  Did it just come off the wheel due to side loading?

I forgot to take pic of tire. Don't think it came off bead til it ran out of air and truck started sliding off track. Colin examined the wheel on his lift and it wobbled. Truck's got 124k mi on it. 

I went through the posted photos on SmugMug and you can see the tire off the wheel, but I didn't look closely enough to see if the picture has the tire damage as well... I recall hearing that there may have been a root or stump over radio but that was simply conjecture at the time.

The mystery must be solved!

I thought I went over a large tree root when I heard a loud bang, like dropping and hitting the frame. Usually, I hear hissing sound when a sidewall tear occurs, this was a bang sound. I dont remember being too close to anything on the left side, I dont remeber if the left side had gotten into a rut either.

Will's tire had a nasty tear in the middle of the sidewall. I wonder if there was some sharp rocks jutting out from those ruts???

--Paul

Will's tire had a nasty tear in the middle of the sidewall. I wonder if there was some sharp rocks jutting out from those ruts???

--Paul

Was it in the same general area where the incident happened to me?

--Paul

It seems like both tires have a similar tear. I didn't see Wills but when I was changing Ruperts tire I did have a slit in the side wall. Maybe a sharp/jagged rock

So, I hopped over to check out Overland Bound's website and Mike had his day @ Hollister (sporting the NCLR tee) on the front page. Pretty cool. 

If you missed the four live recovery demonstrations at the 10th annual, this video pretty much offers step-by-step on how to winch out a loaded truck, axle deep in mud. :)

And here is the video of his advanture:

So, I hopped over to check out Overland Bound's website and Mike had his day @ Hollister (sporting the NCLR tee) on the front page. Pretty cool. 

If you missed the four live recovery demonstrations at the 10th annual, this video pretty much offers step-by-step on how to winch out a loaded truck, axle deep in mud. :)

I had some time last night and was able to watch this full video. Pretty awesome stuff!

Archived