Drip in the Ferry Terminal? Saturday October 11th

Snowflake survived Black Rock and I really want to burn in that engine tick before I troubleshoot and decide to swap in the 4.2L ; ) - so who wants to go up and check out the SF Bay meetups? 

8-10am in the Larkspur Ferry Terminal north of San Francisco. It's also Fleet Week - rovers in the morning, planes in the afternoon?

Let me know if you are interested and I'll meet you there or carpool up!

image.png

1 hour ago, Tyler Mattson said:

Trailer in some rocks and dirt so you can show how land rovers look off the road too

Honestly if all the "dirt" from the Black Rock Playa on Snowflake wasn't just brown salt, I think I would have delayed the washing for this event.

For those of us leaving from the South Bay here is a meetup point:

Chevron, 2300 Homestead Rd, Los Altos, CA 94024

Depart 6:30AM

We will then proceed up 280 into San Francisco and then on to Larkspur

Overall a good visit to the friends up North. Lots of Series trucks in attendance. Lots of cool folks.

Tim Cooper was thee showcasing some of the new axle work he is putting together. Should be some new offerings soon!

A few folks sounded like they would be interested in joining us on a few MoRGs.

Johann passed out some NCLR swag, and we shared some donuts.  

On the way back Snowflake stalled at the base of 17 before the grade. Odd.

Then at the Summit offramp Snowflake died again on the steep section... very odd. Took a bit of deep peddle to get it to turn over. Ran fine back to the house but the tick is now more of a tock... the volume has increased. 

Guess I'll be pulling valve covers next weekend for an inspection. Is a 4.2L swap imminent? The Rover gods only know at this point.

image.png

image.png