Gauging Interest Baja Mexico April 2025

I was chatting with Jared, Chris and Paul and others about a potential Baja Mexico trip in April 2024 during the DRIP @ East Brothers Brewing today. There’s an interest to do an over-landing trip to Baja Mexico in 2025.

Leave the Bay Area Saturday, camp on the US border side for the night, drive across the border to Mexico Sunday, and spend the next 5 days in Baja, drive back Sat and make our way to the US border Sunday.

You will need a US Passport to get back, and a spirit of adventure during the trip.  What do you think?  Interested? Any questions!  

Edited by LandRonB

2 hours ago, LandRonB said:

I was chatting with Jared, Chris and Paul and others about a potential Baja Mexico trip in April 2024 during the DRIP @ East Brothers Brewing today. There’s an interest to do a over-landing trip to Baja Mexico in 2025.

Leave the Bay Area Saturday, camp on the US border side for the night, drive across the border to Mexico Sunday, and spend the next 5 days in Baja, drive back Sat and make our way to the US border Sunday.

You will need a US Passport to get back, and a spirit of adventure during the trip.  What do you think?  Interested? Any questions!  

RonB is that you? I”ll go again. Back to see Catavina? 

On 4/28/2024 at 9:22 PM, ROVRMAN2 said:

RonB is that you? I”ll go again. Back to see Catavina? 

Indeed it's me.  Great to from you Rupert!  Yes, Catavina is waiting for us! :)

23 hours ago, Oliver Draffen said:

I'm definitely interested, just depends on timing with school.

Sounds good!  We will firm up the dates soon!

9 hours ago, El Chapomint said:

Would love to go down to Baja! depending on time haha

Sounds good!  We will try not to call you El Chapo while in Baja and the locals are around! :)

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Revel2021 said:

I’m definitely interested, it would just need to line up with my sons spring break.

When is Spring Break for your son in 2025?

Edited by LandRonB

I’m up for a trip to Baja.  Have been wanting to go for some time, but with a group that knows what they’re doing.  Pretty flexible on dates, most any time would work at this point.

@LandRonB do you plan on leading? The Annual Overland Sub-Committee has been tentatively planning 2024's event for Baja for the last few months. 

However, if you want to lead it, we are more than happy to cede this to you : ). Otherwise if you'd like us to co-coordinate we can certainly do so. 

We are 100% in either way for a Baja trip, have been meaning to get back on that side of the border for "pleasure" instead of "business" : ).

2 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

@LandRonB do you plan on leading? The Annual Overland Sub-Committee has been tentatively planning 2024's event for Baja for the last few months. 

However, if you want to lead it, we are more than happy to cede this to you : ). Otherwise if you'd like us to co-coordinate we can certainly do so. 

We are 100% in either way for a Baja trip, have been meaning to get back on that side of the border for "pleasure" instead of "business" : ).

I’d be up for a fall Baja too ❤️❤️

32 minutes ago, pilotgabe said:

I’d be up for a fall Baja too ❤️❤️

2 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

I didn't know about this (I have been a member but not active lately).  Sounds like the sub-committee has put lot of good time and planning into this.  Want to hear more about the club's plans.  My post here was just an idea that Jared and I talked about last Sunday while on our 3rd beer (not knowing about the sub-committee's plan)! :)

1 hour ago, LandRonB said:

I didn't know about this (I have been a member but not active lately).  Sounds like the sub-committee has put lot of good time and planning into this.  Want to hear more about the club's plans.  My post here was just an idea that Jared and I talked about last Sunday while on our 3rd beer (not knowing about the sub-committee's plan)! :)

No worries, we've been keeping it quiet until we were ready - all good though - might give you a call to bend your ear.