NCLR Podcast

45 minutes ago, Tyler Mattson said:

Definitely a good listen and makes me want to go on the next annual overland. I'm just not sure any of my rovers can run for that many days without falling to bits.

There was a wide range of years that had some sort of issue. Next years should be the Mojave Heritage Trail part 2, and if it similar to last years, you can do it! 

On 7/15/2023 at 5:03 PM, Elherbinator said:
We have the Annual Overland recap episode up. Paul, Robert, and Sasha come by and we chat about the trip. 
[/url] https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nclr-after-dark/id1615586586?i=1000621263589

Great recap!!

I'm hoping to make this event one year!!

On the conversation of radios...My Off Road Radio is run by Tyler who's done some ham classes before. Might be something to organize again.

But also he does radio programing for the common used frequency and repeaters we are likely to use.

He has some great radio reviews that help with purchase decisions.

I've used this one a couple times and it's affordable.

TYT TH-9800D Plus Version Quad Band Cross-Band 50W Mobile Transceiver Vehicle Radio Amateur Base Station, Cable/Software incl https://a.co/d/gvA1Qx3

• 2 weeks later...

New episode out, and it’s our longest ever! By probably like an hour 😂. But only because we were having such a good time and had many stories to tell. It was actually so long that we got the last few minutes cut off for unknown reasons. Don and Gustav come by to tell some tales of their summer trips with an improvised guest appearance from Robert. We even started a new drinking game. The rules are simple, drink every time Don says “anyways”. Make sure you have a safe ride home because you’ll be drunk.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nclr-after-dark/id1615586586?i=1000622795295

• 1 month later...

I just finished up the rovicon podcast and it was a fun listen to be certain. I believe it was Eric who once talked about how different the experiences between the front and rear half of the group can be, and this podcast proovs that statement to me. I was around the rear the whole weekend and had no idea of the traffic chaos near the front or that don had driven up and down the trail a dozen times between the groups. Very nice recap Eric and I'm sure there's plenty of other stories that will come out over the months at other camping trips. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sasha is coming over tomorrow for a podcast recap of the Annual and the last MORG. Looking for an additional 1 or 2 club members to join us. Don’t have to have gone to the events or anything. DM or call/ text (408-772-8534) me if interested. IM located near Saratoga Ave and highway 85.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I caught up on the episodes during my drive to Utah for Thanksgiving.

Loved the discussion around projects and likely hood to be completely!!

BTW, I am getting things done on my project...did appreciate the help from a friend to learn how to start welding and some basic instructions on fabrication.

Now I'm onto balancing free time for projects and saving money for the next round of parts.

It was fun to hear myself on the air. The call in function sounds great though...some options there for you to bring on other guest.

Looking forward to the next episode on my way home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/15/2023 at 6:37 PM, Elherbinator said:

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I’ll get together a panel to go over “winter prep” for the next episode. 

I’ve heard people mention multiple times to post the pics in the thread. Google album or something in this thread when you post the podcast would be awesome. Last podcast I listened to of “longest episode ever” I was googling about 100 different things as you all were passing around the phone pics. 

• 1 month later...

New podcast out. Don and Gustav come by for a New Year episode. Topics include Bug Out vehicle ideas, snow performance comparisons, Family Feud, engine trouble shooting, and the usual bs-ing. Please leave us a review and subscribe. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nclr-after-dark/id1615586586?i=1000642301664

My new least favorite game, seeing wich is faster the greatest podcast of all time or removing a range rover heater core. But if you are tasked with this horrible job listening to Eric and crew talk rovers and random is a good way to make it go by.

20240121_163244.jpg

10 minutes ago, Tyler Mattson said:

My new least favorite game, seeing wich is faster the greatest podcast of all time or removing a range rover heater core. But if you are tasked with this horrible job listening to Eric and crew talk rovers and random is a good way to make it go by.

20240121_163244.jpg

You finally dug in there! : ). I will pretend my visit was your inspiration. 

22 hours ago, Elherbinator said:

I’d probably just plug it off. I get so much heat radiating from the center console, who needs a heater in a RRC? 

It definitely crossed my mind a few times to just buy an aftermarket heater and mount it in the back.

22 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

You finally dug in there! : ). I will pretend my visit was your inspiration. 

It was a bit convincing especially after doing all the range rover history and sales brochure reading. It made me miss being in the range rover hierarchy.

• 2 weeks later...

New podcast out. Don and Miles come by and we breakdown the calendar of event through July. We go through each MORG and other scheduled events we have so far. Must hear episode!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nclr-after-dark/id1615586586?i=1000644010100

1 hour ago, Elherbinator said:

New podcast out. Don and Miles come by and we breakdown the calendar of event through July. We go through each MORG and other scheduled events we have so far. Must hear episode!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nclr-after-dark/id1615586586?i=1000644010100

Hey Erick - listening to this pod cast - FYI - I didn't borrow a radio from you - I have my own. So I don't know who snagged your radio; it wasn't me.

7 minutes ago, LR4HD said:

Hey Erick - listening to this pod cast - FYI - I didn't borrow a radio from you - I have my own. So I don't know who snagged your radio; it wasn't me.

Nope, you couldn’t get your radio to change frequency so I let you use one of mine. You said you were going to meet up with the rest of us in town for dinner but bounced out and took a left at the end of Dinkey Creek Rd. This is something I am certain of. 

10 minutes ago, LR4HD said:

I’m not bent about it or anything, happens all the time, but I do distinctly remember the situation.