January Trip

Instead of doing a typical MORG for January we are going to join in on the Cal4wheel fun and attend the Winter Fun Festival! It looks like we should be getting some decent snow coming, so we should have enough to make the run fun. This event does require registration and also requires choosing the run you want to go on when you register. Check out the info I’ve included and reply to this post if you plan on attending and your opinion on which run you would like to do. The plan will be for us to choose a run or runs that we will do as a group. Of course if you really want to do a different run than the rest of us, you’re more than welcome to do that but it would more fun if we all did the event together. If you haven’t been to a Cal4wheel event or an off-road event outside of our club stuff, this would be a cool experience and look into the larger wheeling community. Please reply with any interest or questions, it would be good to get a good dialogue going on this thread.

17BDDC7B-1663-40C2-A26A-7344ADBD9AE9.jpeg

64FD7173-31EC-47A8-8683-EE155186A228.jpeg

00A51ECA-9259-4CE2-B7B3-8CD70E3C74E7.jpeg

56F90344-4123-45F9-B9BE-F045F208671C.jpeg

So I called Donna, Andrew and I are now good to go for the Siberian run. If anyone else wants to join us, sign up right away. There are only a handful of spots left for the Siberian run. 4 other runs have already filled up. This is not the type of event you can procrastinate on.

• 3 weeks later...

So my new ring and pinions have been shipped from Ashcroft, but won’t arrive until next week. I am going to be installing the gears myself, so it won’t be done for the trip and I certainly won’t have time to get them broken in for freeway speeds by then. So I’ll be roverless, may still go up there and crash with Andrew since I already paid for registration and a shirt. 

Since the Winter Fun Fest isn’t going on this month, we don’t officially have a trip until the Shaver Snow Run in February. I don’t have an operational Rover, so I can’t lead a trip, but many of you all do!  So I encourage anyone looking to get out to start a new trip thread.  It can be an overnight or a day run. A snow trip or something like Hollister or Bug Sur. If you haven’t lead a trip before, this is your chance. It doesn’t much to do, just a small bit of planning. Feel free to DM me for any help or advice, or you can just post up a thread and get input from the members. Taking to you Andrew, Mike, Robert, Nick, Gus…

I was originally interested in the snow fest but I'm a D4 with 265/65/18s so not sure my tire size even qualified for their category of runs. Plus in reading the fine print on the fair grounds, it did indicate no car camping or tents, but trailers only. Not sure if that's the actual scenario at the fairgrounds or not, but that's they put online so that didn't work for me. Did others notice this or have some other experience with camping there?