Robert
Matthew
paul

banmdykine

Miles

tammy

Trip Details (Print this)

Trip Planner: Lutz

Trail Leader: None. This is an NCLR gathering similar to the MORG @ Hollister. No trip leader. Ea person is responsible for their action and need to abide by Oceano SVRA park rules and regulations: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1215

Date/Time: MAY 3-5

Brief Trail Description: Welcome to Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA). Formerly Pismo Dunes SVRA, this sand dune complex is geologically unique and also provides an impressive playground for off-highway enthusiasts from throughout the United States. Oceano Dunes also offers visitors other recreational activities such as swimming, surfing, surf fishing, camping, and hiking: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207

Meeting Location: Eucalyptus Campground

Directions to Oceano Dunes and Eucalyptus Campground:

https://ufile.io/vbs0zc2b

Use this address for your vehicle GPS: 100 Pier Ave, Oceano, CA.

Or take:
- North or South Interstate 101.
- Take the Grand Avenue exit.
- Turn right (heading west).
- Approx 2 miles turn left on Pacific Coast Highway intersection
- Approx 1 mile turn right on Pier Avenue intersection (light).
- Aprox. ½ mile is the entrance to Oceano, SVRA (100 Pier Ave)

Here's an aerial view of this SVRA park: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/OC-Map-WebVersion-Download.pdf

As you can see in the aerial view, there's the "Pier Ave" ramp (100 Pier Ave); follow Pole 1, 2, 3....

Use the map provided to get the camp - after Pole 6 and before Pole 7 (Competition Hill), turn towards camp.

Radio Ham
146.460 NCLR
Repeaters
444.525 +5.0 127.3

Fees (yes); Make your reservation: https://www.reservecalifornia.com/CaliforniaWebHome/

Vehicle Requirements: Stock Land Rovers welcomed, but best with high clearance 4x4 vehicles. Air down to the recommend psi for your tires/vehicles while on the beach; for example, I'm running 255/85/16 KMs on my D2 - going down between 10-15 psi. Also make sure your vehicle is in good working condition.

Required Safety Equipment: flag can be picked up next to the entrance to the beach, fire extinguisher

Required Recovery Equipment: Strong recovery points (front and rear)

Misc Equipment: shovel, first aid kit, repair tools (to suit your vehicle), tire gauge and tire pump.

Weather Forecast and Trail Conditions: mostly sunny; windy highs in the 60s lows in the 40s at night.

Expected Trail conditions: Will check as we get closer to the date.

Clothing Suggestions: warm weather but bring layers as it gets cold at night.

Property Information
Oceano SVRA Ranger Station
928 Pacific Blvd.
Oceano CA
805-773-7170
Call 911 for emergencies

Entrance to the Park
100 Pier Ave.
Oceano, CA

Nearby Towing and Repair Services info: Kautz Towing (805) 489-2336

Gas/Service Station Locations in the area: several especially on Grand Ave

Other Info:
Bring your camera and extra batteries, tent/sleeping bag if camping, extra garbage bags, sunscreen, GPS Unit optional certainly map of the area and compass, drinking water (primitive camp - no drinking water avail), nights might be cold - bring extra blanket and warm clothing/fire wood, Full size spare/repair kit.

post-448-0-11325200-1547958846_thumb.jpg

post-448-0-51566600-1547958865_thumb.jpg

post-448-0-90811500-1547958902_thumb.jpg

Thanks for organizing. Pismo Beach has been on my to-do list for ages.

I’m planning to join with the L322 and probably with my 9yo son. The campsites are super cheap and I’ve made a booking for Fri/Sat nights.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to, currently scheduled for a work trip the following week...if it doesn't come through then I'll be able to likely make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count us in.  If we bring the Can-Am instead of our travel trailer I'll need a drop spot to leave it with you guys at camp. I think it would be a very bad idea to leave it on the trailer hooked up in a hotel parking lot overnight. I doubt I can talk Shawna into tent camping, we will see... 

-Esten

Count us in.  If we bring the Can-Am instead of our travel trailer I'll need a drop spot to leave it with you guys at camp. I think it would be a very bad idea to leave it on the trailer hooked up in a hotel parking lot overnight. I doubt I can talk Shawna into tent camping, we will see... 

-Esten

Just leave the keys.  We'll look after it for you.   :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new member. Planning to attend!

Welcome aboard!  And keep an eye out, we've got a lot of other stuff on the calendar already for this year; Eric has a snow run this weekend plus several of us will be in Moab all next week.  Then our April MORG will be a snow run/overnight to Bowman Lake.  And we've got a Rubicon run planned for the end of June and a Dusy run for the fall.  We'll also be doing Fordyce at some point this year and likely more than one Rubicon run.  And of course we'll have others as the snow starts to clear out in the Sierra.

• 1 month later...

Archived