10th Annual Member's Appreciation Weekend "OktRoverFest" Official Thread!

New day, new raffle prize!!

I don't know about you but a long day on the trail in the sun is pretty hard on my eyes but really good sunglasses are really expensive. That's why I reached out to Revo, one of the top sunglass manufacturers and explained our problem. They agreed that we shouldn't suffer and have donated a pair of Revo sunglasses!! The winner will get a code to allow them to pick the style that best suits them.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160913/b445fbc1ff720843671091e2e9377f01.jpg

Man, if only I hadn't had to go back to prescription glasses last year!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, if only I hadn't had to go back to prescription glasses last year!

+1 

Ya'know, Chris, prescription glasses are a real liability on the trail in case they get broken, and contacts can get dirt and dust trapped in them. I think we need a LASIK raffle prize so that us 4-eyed folks can do better on the trails too!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Question, I just got my tickets for my kid and my self, although if I wanted to bring one of my workers, would I be able to purchase him his dinner ticket? 

Cause I know NCLR members got theirs for free this year. 

has this been answered? i myself might have a friend that would like to attend

Chuck,

If you want in, you better get the vehicle and ACEC permits ASAP from the "recreation.gov" web portal. Search for Clear Creek Managemant Area and follow the links to buy a pass on-line. Vehicle is 11 bucks and ACEC is $6... Happy to meet you at the gate -- I'll have the code from BLM.

Paul

Hello Everyone!
This event is shaping up to be one of the best yet and I don't blame you for wanting to share it with your friends. As this year the most of the meals are covered by the membership dues for the first time, we have had the question about what to do with guests. The Board has thought about this and decided that ultimately this is a member appreciation event and although guests are welcome, they should pay for access to the event to help cover the costs. We have decided that members and their families are included in the 2016 membership dues and have defined a family the same way we will be defining family for the Family Memberships to be formally announced soon. So, for NCLR a family will be defined as those living in the same household including children of course (there is a stipulation for children in college which will be outlined in the formal announcement).

Family: only one member has to have paid dues for all members of that family (significant other and children in the same household) to participate in OktRoverFest including the raffle and meals

Guest: a non member who is being brought to the event with a paid member. The member will be responsible for the actions of the guest at all times. The cost for a guest will be $75 and will allow the guest to participate in all meals and activities EXCEPT THE RAFFLE.  Also, if a guest brings a non Land Rover vehicle, we would prefer they not participate in the trail runs in their own vehicles.  They are of course welcome to explore Hollister on their own but we are trying to maintain the all Land Rover feel.  Thank you for understanding.

Also, historically guests have been potential members as this event was used to kick off our membership drive. As a reminder, any new member who signs up now will not only get the rest of 2016 but all of 2017 for their $100.

If you feel that you have extenuating circumstances that aren't covered here, please PM me as to not clutter this thread and the Board will review them on a case by case basis.

Thanks!!

Chris

oh, and one more thing......

Just delivered to my doorstep a Safe Jack 6 ton bottle jack system from Bogert Industries. I had reached out to the owner and CEO Richard Bogert and after explaining who we were and what we do he couldn't wait to donate to the raffle. Their bottle jack system is made in the USA, includes a 6 ton bottle jack, multiple extension pieces and an axle cradle, all tucked into a nice little bag. $270

BENEFITS

• Increases safety
  • Makes jacking easy in a variety of ways
  • More stable, secure
  • Extends the range and usefulness
FEATURES
  • Lift range of 8" – 36"
  • Extension Screw Collar provides max useful stroke
  • Extensions and jack pads can be combined in any combination
  • Lift at an axle, frame or other lift point
  • Durable steel construction
  • Extensions and pads are always made in the USA
KIT INCLUDES
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJ6T 6 Ton Bottle Jack (Omega Industrial Quality)
  • 1 ea. 37M-ESC6 Bottle Jack Extension Screw Collar
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJE3 3" Inch Bottle Jack Extension
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJE6 6" Inch Bottle Jack Extension
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJA8 8.5"-12" Inch Adjustable Bottle Jack Extension
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJAF Flat Bottle Jack Pad
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJR3 Universal 3" Round Tube Bottle Jack Pad (Axle tube, leaf spring, etc.)
  • 1 ea. Heavy Duty Canvas Safe Jack Bag
37M-BJRK-6W_1024x1024.jpg?v=1452725850

This is a nice piece of kit.  I am hoping the raffle works like it has in the last few years as I need to concentrate on a few things.

I just delivered to my doorstep a Safe Jack 6 ton bottle jack system from Bogert Industries.  I had reached out to the owner and CEO Richard Bogert and after explaining who we were and what we do he couldn't wait to donate to the raffle.  Their bottle jack system is made in the USA, includes a 6 ton bottle jack, multiple extension pieces and an axle cradle, all tucked into a nice little bag. $270

BENEFITS
  • Increases safety
  • Makes jacking easy in a variety of ways
  • More stable, secure
  • Extends the range and usefulness
FEATURES
  • Lift range of 8" – 36"
  • Extension Screw Collar provides max useful stroke
  • Extensions and jack pads can be combined in any combination
  • Lift at an axle, frame or other lift point
  • Durable steel construction
  • Extensions and pads are always made in the USA
KIT INCLUDES
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJ6T 6 Ton Bottle Jack (Omega Industrial Quality)
  • 1 ea. 37M-ESC6 Bottle Jack Extension Screw Collar
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJE3 3" Inch Bottle Jack Extension
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJE6 6" Inch Bottle Jack Extension
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJA8 8.5"-12" Inch Adjustable Bottle Jack Extension
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJAF Flat Bottle Jack Pad
  • 1 ea. 37M-SJR3 Universal 3" Round Tube Bottle Jack Pad (Axle tube, leaf spring, etc.)
  • 1 ea. Heavy Duty Canvas Safe Jack Bag

37M-BJRK-6W_1024x1024.jpg?v=1452725850

Dogs are OK as far as I know.  I'm not sure if there's any rules regarding them at Hollister, though I don't think there are any restrictions beyond maybe a leash.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Quake (aka Giganto) make an appearance.

OK ok, I bet everyone is tired of hearing about all the amazing raffle items showing up at my house so I guess I won't bore you with the newest....

Kidding!!!  

Today is double rewards day here at NCLR Raffle headquarters.  

After talking to Eric from Tactical 4x4 last week (one of the club supporters as we get a discount there already) he was more than happy to donate not one, but TWO $200 gift certificates.  For those who don't know, Tactical 4x4  makes the best sliders for the LR3/4's in my opinion, also they make skid plates and is now making bumpers for Discos, LR3/4s, etc.  So time to armor up!!

http://photoalbum.godaddy.com/img2/A_5/9/3/1/271395/1/15f22787185f41f88bcc8270a207fb5d.JPG

I know you are excited but you ask, what is the other great news?  Well, I was talking to Joel Cotton, the inventor and owner of Roadshower about a few things i've done to mine (long story but I have added a continuous pressure line...sidetracked sorry) and he is loving what we are doing for OktRoverFest and has not only added another gift certificate for the Gen2 Roadshower, but has increased the amount off for the Gen3 (which I believe is an 8 gallon model) to $100 AND is donating a full Gen2 unit.  So the breakdown from Roadshower is now:

Gen2 $100 Gift Certificate

Gen3 $100 Gift Cettificate

Gen2 Free Unit!!!

http://www.roadshower.com/tmp/utah%20shots/road%20shower%20utah.jpg

psssst: If you've read this far then you are in for a little tease....I got more stuff today than just these things but you have to be patient!!!  

No but I'm gonna have to borrow Sean's F250. No joke. Besides the raffle stuff I'm bringing the kegs for the beer garden (3-4 of those bad boys) plus the jockey boxes for them. This is why I'm heading down Thursday to set up! It's gonna take a few trips to get it all there. I'm planning on sending out a full list of the raffle lots next week so people can make their wish lists. We are up to about 30+ lots now with more stuff arriving everyday!

psssst: If you've read this far then you are in for a little tease....I got more stuff today than just these things but you have to be patient!!!  

No patience.  Must plan for raffle.   1. What do I want, 2. What does Chuck NOT want, 3. What works for my rig?

Also, will it be the same system as last year where you put tickets into the bucket for the item you wish to draw for?    Can we buy tickets with Square Card?  All these questions.

No patience. Must plan for raffle. 1. What do I want, 2. What does Chuck NOT want, 3. What works for my rig?

Also, will it be the same system as last year where you put tickets into the bucket for the item you wish to draw for? Can we buy tickets with Square Card?

yes, tickets will go into buckets like the past, as for Square, I'll look into it. They have the same card swiping system for

PayPal as well. The biggest issue we have is no cell service, but I think the readers can hold information until internet connection can be reached. Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, tickets will go into buckets like the past, as for Square, I'll look into it. They have the same card swiping system for

PayPal as well. The biggest issue we have is no cell service, but I think the readers can hold information until internet connection can be reached. Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. I'll bring my debit card for a spare, empty account I have and purchase a thousand or so raffle tickets. The transactions will all reject, but you won't know that until after I've collected all the prizes. 

:P  :P  :P  :P

Archived