Oregon run 2015?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So work wants me to give my availability for June, I am currently off June 13 - June 22. Let's make the trip happen during those dates so I don't have to rearrange things. Sound good? Should give a lot of options for the run.

Let's do this trip within those dates!

Let's do this within June 13-21; we won't need all these days (most likely 5 days) and can narrow the number of days needed for this trip once we decide on the route(s) during planning!

Route options: http://www.oohva.org/ including the Squiggly or wide sweeping curve at the top routes Don and Jared pointed out ::bigsmile::

After the new year, let's get together at Mexxis for gauging interest and initial planning for this trip so if you want to go or interested in learning more about the trip before committing, join us. Date for this get together TBD.

Can I get a head count on who are interested in the Oregon trip?

1) Ron/Jake DII

2) Erin/Jared RRC

3) RGB party of four P38

4) AllysonH DII

5) Sean/Elizabeth D90

6) Chris/Family CT110

7) Ulises DII

8) Michal/Family LR4

9) Anudeep/Nikhila LR3

10) Rupert LR3

11 ) Don/Michele LR3

We should cap this trip to 12-15 vehicles and Ham Radio is required.

Ok Santa Brian Hunt (thank you) for sending the info on the passed Oregon trip reports and details, and the complete Oregon Back Country Discovery Routes! Awesome!

I was in the kitchen when I opened the package and was giggling like a school girl. J/k. Ok, I was giggling in a manly way. Lol. Topo maps in the center fold (voice of Mordecai and Rigby from the Regular Show). Wow! Ok, it's getting weird.

Nevertheless, wohoo! Let the planning begin for June 2015 Oregon trip!

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Mexxi's for this. Route 6 looked cool, but I'm not sure if there is a way to start from the west side so we could continue to another route.

-Jared

Agree. I have the guides and will look at the routes we've taken in the past and consider the other routes. I will reach out to oohva to get any new updates for 2015.

Any more room? I'd like to get in on this trip

We have room Phil. Are you going solo or bringing your family? I already talked to my son Jake and he's in. Although he is disappointed that we are not going back to Baja this year (told him will go again next time), he's excited about going w/me on the Oregon trip.

For those that go and don't have HAM I have 2 things to say:

1. Get your HAM license and drop $35 for a handheld radio to get started unless you want to shell out more $$ for a mobile radio (or handheld for that matter).

2. I have a few of the handhelds (HT) to borrow so you can "listen" if you really don't want to get your own

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Mexxi's for this. Route 6 looked cool, but I'm not sure if there is a way to start from the west side so we could continue to another route.

-Jared

Wait - is there an official planning meeting at Mexxis or something?

(needs to check calendar...)

Wait - is there an official planning meeting at Mexxis or something?

(needs to check calendar...)

Nah, Ron just mentioned that he was going to put something together soon & I like Mexxi's. So I got excited.

-Jared

Let's do this within June 13-21; we won't need all these days (most likely 5 days) and can narrow the number of days needed for this trip once we decide on the route(s) during planning!

Route options: http://www.oohva.org/ including the Squiggly or wide sweeping curve at the top routes Don and Jared pointed out ::bigsmile::

After the new year, let's get together at Mexxis for gauging interest and initial planning for this trip so if you want to go or interested in learning more about the trip before committing, join us. Date for this get together TBD.

Can I get a head count on who are interested in the Oregon trip?

1) Ron/Jake DII

2) Erin/Jared RRC

3) RGB party of four P38

4) AllysonH DII

5) Sean/Elizabeth D90

6) Chris/Family CT110

7) Ulises DII

8) Michal/Family LR4

9) Anudeep/Nikhila LR3

10) Rupert LR3

11 ) Don/Michele LR3

We should cap this trip to 12-15 vehicles and Ham Radio is required.

i don't see my name on the list. I am still in on this trip. I know, i have not chime in much but i am following the tread.

Thanks

Antonio....Antonio....sounds familier, but can't put a face to the name...like somebody we used to know but haven't seen in a long time.

When are we going to see you out at an event again? You coming to Shaver?

i don't see my name on the list. I am still in on this trip. I know, i have not chime in much but i am following the tread.

Thanks

Ok, good to hear from you Antonio; I will add you name when I get the chance; c yah!

One of the many planning days for the Oregon 2015 trip; how about either Fri Jan 30th dinner @ Mexxis, or lunch Sat Jan 31st also at Mexxis?

I will bring all the Oregon Back Country Route Books; in fact, I will make add'l copies for the co-leaders Rupert & Jared to review after our 1st meeting and then schedule a sub-sequent one to finalize the routes.

Let me know what day works best for folks who are interested for the initial planning meeting. If you can't go, will post the details of the meeting details on this thread or start a new thread.

One of the many planning days for the Oregon 2015 trip; how about either Fri Jan 30th dinner @ Mexxis, or lunch Sat Jan 31st also at Mexxis?

I will bring all the Oregon Back Country Route Books; in fact, I will make add'l copies for the co-leaders Rupert & Jared to review after our 1st meeting and then schedule a sub-sequent one to finalize the routes.

Let me know what day works best for folks who are interested for the initial planning meeting. If you can't go, will post the details of the meeting details on this thread or start a new thread.

Ya, this will be difficult for us due to Shaver Lake (Jan 30-Feb 1)... will be unable to attend.

-Jared

Archived