Lost Coast Trip November 2014

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, this is Tracy, I hijacked Rob's account. Spirits and moonshine, now let me think..................ahh yes please, twist our arms!!!:)

Lol. RGB's account has been hacked. Hey there Tracy! You guys are welcome; will need to put two groups together (est 10 confirmed + 10 more maybes). Did you guys pick-up the Tepui Tent?

You may need it as the ground will be wet; I just called the Ranger Station yesterday and it's raining in the Lost Coast which means muddy trails (which is good/adds a bit of challenge on the trail). No road closure yet - need a week of continuous rain which will be unlikely with the drought.

Ron,

Great, thanks, we are looking forward to going! It will be just the two of us as the in-laws have been kind enough to watch the kids. Rob will be taking the day off so we will be ready to head out anytime Friday. Thanks for the heads up about the wet trails, tent is on the way, as well as my own account(thank you Erin) so Rob can stop referring to himself in third person, and Chris won't have to sensor himself! :)

Tracy

Ok RobGB and Tracy I will put you both as confirmed.

Re-read pages 1 to 11, and I counted 12 vehicles confirmed including RobGB/Tracy, and several maybes. Pls let me know if I missed your name and if you are planning to join group A or B.

With a recent change in my work schedule, I am now in Group B. We need a volunteer to be the trail leader and tail gunner for Group A. I will lead Group B.

The good news is we have a general plan and this trip is laid out, and setup for group A & B to help manage the large group and also accommodate the folks who can't take off Friday from work, and have alt plan for folks who want to leave the Bay Area Saturday.

Top of the thread or page 1 has been updated (check it out). In general the plans are:

- Group A to leave Friday mid-morning, and camp Firday night at Usal main Campground, or Beach Campground. Camping Friday at Usal campground or beach is frst come/first serve. Wheel on Usal Rd Saturday, and head to Sinkyone Wilderness Needrock museum, and then then meet Group B at Nadelos Group Camp Saturday night.

- Group B to leave Saturday early morning, wheel on Usal Rd trail, check Sinkyone Wilderness Park, and the meet Group A at Nadelos Group Campground.

- Group A and B meet-up at Nadelos Campground Saturday. Big bonfire hopefully. We have Nadelos group campground reserved for $85 per night (I pre-paid this fee for the group; will collect later; should come out to be $8 or less for each vehicle).

- Sunday caravan to Shelter Cove (all paved road). Bfast optional Fish Tank cafe. Head home via 101 from Gaberville, or head to Glass Beach for lunch.

Also @ camp Saturday, I want to brainstorm with group the idea of doing a Lost Coast Land Rover Challenge (LCC 2015 perhaps); kinda like the Nevada Challenge but in our Northern California backyard; want folks to go thru the trail first and we can discuss my ideas; open to suggestions.

Look forward to this trip!

I am in for group A with my Dad's RRC and my CT. I can lead or tail gun (I now have a full 50W capable mobile radio woo hoo!!). If no one else steps up or wants to lead then let I'll do it.

Excellent Chris!

You and I can chat the day before the trip for Q&A

I will be in Group B (perhaps the only one; more Pacificos for me - lol) and will meet you and rest of Group A at Nadelos group camp Saturday late afternoon; our last night of camping on the Lost Coast, and hopefully a big bonfire (going to be a cold night).

So my dad's RRC died on him today. He reports it literally just stopped running while he was on the freeway. No bangs ect, the engine just stopped. He was able to coast off the freeway. Had it towed to his local shop. I'm thinking fuel pump but any ideas are welcome. Why post this here you ask? Well if his truck is non-op for this trip he and my brother will be riding with me and Rox which means....Sean can have a co pilot! Woohahahahahaha and I call dibs on Rox. You can pick my dad, a known entity, or my brother Daniel, the wild card.

So my dad's RRC died on him today. He reports it literally just stopped running while he was on the freeway. No bangs ect, the engine just stopped. He was able to coast off the freeway. Had it towed to his local shop. I'm thinking fuel pump but any ideas are welcome. Why post this here you ask? Well if his truck is non-op for this trip he and my brother will be riding with me and Rox which means....Sean can have a co pilot! Woohahahahahaha and I call dibs on Rox. You can pick my dad, a known entity, or my brother Daniel, the wild card.

If it sounds normal while cranking(even compression) it could be fuel pump or maybe ignition amplifier as a few possibilities. I had both of those leave me on the side of the road in my RRC. Uneven sounding cranking could be nylon timing gear which could loose teeth. Let's talk offline about seat assignments

Hey Chris;

I think you're leading the Group A (Friday departure) -- where is the Bay Area group meeting so I know when to be up and around with coffee in hand? Graeme certainly didn't buy my line of BS on why I was late to the last MORG... ::nuts::

-Jared

Archived