We may be a bunch of rock crawlers and overlanders, but we car people at the heart of it. Car people like to drive. So we are going to have some fun driving! We are going to have a 2 round go karting competition!

The friendly competition will be a 2 round event with the first round being split up between the Bay Area and Sacramento. On March 25th we will be meeting up at K1 Speed in Santa Clara and Sacramento. The exact parameters of the competition will depend on how many people we have who can commit to participating and whether that is enough for us to schedule a private party.

“Winners” will have the opportunity to compete in the Final at the K1 Speed in Fairfield in April. Winners of the Final will receive some yet to be determined prizes. 

Please let us know if you are interested in participating. We haven’t set a time of day because that may be dependent on whether we have a private party or not. So it’s important for us to get a relatively accurate number of participants. 

Please post on this thread if you plan to come.

373CD275-E90D-4234-8C56-CC411B31FB9D.jpeg

We might bum over for the event I don't think we'll participate because I'm just a natural born Mario Andretti and I just am not sure I can commit to the finals. But a chance to rub shoulders with everyone sounds fun.

17 hours ago, Elherbinator said:

Due to lack of interest, we are canceling the event. We can still do it as a DiTD if people want, but doing the planned competition doesn’t not look feasible. 

Shame :(