2023 2nd Annual Overland - Oregon BDR

Hello folks!

Conclusion first: Vote for dates that work for you to attend the 2023 Overland Annual Overland Event

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VFWP2F2

The poll will remain open until April 5th at Midnight

Background: 

Paul, Gabe, and myself just wrapped up a powwow of the minds in order to bring you this year's Annual Roverland Event. For 2023 we are going to take a break from the desert and head north to forests of Oregon. Enter the Oregon BDR.

The format will be very similar to the First Annual Overland - about a weeks worth of camping, toss in some history, and a whole lot of relaxation and comradery.

All the details and more will be posted as we get closer to the event.

This Oregon BDR route is known as Route 5 from the OOHVA.com group. Be warned the website leaves much to be desired... but that's why you have us ; ). https://www.oohva.org/OBCDR/route5.html

We won't be able to run the entire route, but aim to hit a good amount of Section 4, all of 3, and parts of 2.

image.png

However, in order to move forward and enable as many folks as possible, please take a moment to vote using the link above.

Happy Trails from the Annual Overland Sub-Committee 

1 minute ago, CRYA said:

🤯you weren’t kidding about mileage!

You guys anticipate one day drive to trailhead or two? 

Definitely have the first Saturday and Sunday allotted to getting to La Grande. Once we know who the victi... attendees are, we should be able to narrow down the plan based off everyone's interests. The route is being fine tuned as we type.

Definity interested and itching to go. Just depends on my summer work schedule! Lets see if I can successfully drag a few friends along this time. Does anyone have any photos from the last BDR trip?? I remember going on one when I was super young but I don't recall the exact year.

I don't have exact mileage yet, but it is looking like roughly around 1500 mi including highway. Mileage may change as we get the route dialed.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:08 AM, drafdog said:

Also what is the rough estimated mileage? I do have make sure I can save up for this trip as well as start looking for typical problems now, so I can fix them before they fail last minute.

10 hours ago, SDS said:

I am excited about the trip. Will fill out the poll in a few weeks, when my summer schedule is better defined.

Hope to come with the family this time.

My problem too. I already have conflicts every one of these weekends :(

TBD if I can change anything around. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks, been collecting some timing on T-shirt runs and patches, since we will need a bit longer to get these processed (in addition to managing the signups) we are going to close the poll on Wednesday April 5th at midnight and begin opening enrollment. So get your votes on!

• 3 weeks later...

This route will be about the same as I did with a group of friends/family in late June 2022, and we absolutely loved it. The track is about 300 miles, and getting to the start is nearly 700 miles from Sacramento. This nice thing is that at the end. It’s just a day drive home.

I voted I think but my vote has changed because I started a new position in San Jose. I’m good with whichever dates are chosen, but I’m almost wondering if because of this year’s snowfall, if the second half of June wouldn’t be better. But I thought that last year and it turned out fine. The WA BDR was another story though.

Really pumped for this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, drafdog said:

Curious to the date results. Will there be a cost to register for the trip (like Rovercon)?

- Oliver

Yes, there will be a cost to help offset the patches and stickers. We will announce this soon.