Hollister

Anyone interested in a quick Hollister trip? I haven’t had a chance to take my 130 off-road and want to give it a quick day trip before I attend a MORG. 

Im open on dates if Weekend or a Monday/Friday. Not trying to step on toes or make this an official event but like to have someone to tow me out and vice versa if they want to get a day in of wheeling. 

15 hours ago, Hudd130 said:

Anyone interested in a quick Hollister trip? I haven’t had a chance to take my 130 off-road and want to give it a quick day trip before I attend a MORG. 

Im open on dates if Weekend or a Monday/Friday. Not trying to step on toes or make this an official event but like to have someone to tow me out and vice versa if they want to get a day in of wheeling. 

I'd be interested depending on weekend.  I can only do weekends.

We would love to get out and do a run... sadly I am being shipped off to Austin until the 29th. Not the worst, but I highly doubt the rental will be a rover.

I will resort to bopping curbs with the Camry to remain in spirit. Have fun!

My cell is 9168492797. I live in Morgan Hill and there is a very convenient Home Depot/Gas Station/Safeway parking lot for those heading south on 101 to meet up at. 

Anyone have a preference of time to be at Hollister by?  I’m a newbie so prob best not to let me lead the trail and don’t have comms. Nothing too crazy just want to get out and test the rig. 

1 hour ago, Hudd130 said:

My cell is 9168492797. I live in Morgan Hill and there is a very convenient Home Depot/Gas Station/Safeway parking lot for those heading south on 101 to meet up at. 

Anyone have a preference of time to be at Hollister by?  I’m a newbie so prob best not to let me lead the trail and don’t have comms. Nothing too crazy just want to get out and test the rig. 

Baofeng UV-5R Two Way Radio Dual Band 144-148/420-450Mhz Walkie Talkie 1800mAh Li-ion Battery(Black) https://a.co/d/fLA7XZw
pick up one of these. They work great for trails since you don’t need a ton of range. 

2 hours ago, Elherbinator said:

Baofeng UV-5R Two Way Radio Dual Band 144-148/420-450Mhz Walkie Talkie 1800mAh Li-ion Battery(Black) https://a.co/d/fLA7XZw
pick up one of these. They work great for trails since you don’t need a ton of range. 

Purchased. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Hudd130 said:

So should we cancel or try to join up with them and clean? Obviously means more trucks on the course if we go 

It would be nice to know what exactly the cleanup event means. I called them, but couldn’t get through today (answering machine). Will try again tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, maybe those in the club who participated in such events can chime in?

Personally, I’m game to go and pick up some garbage while on the trail 😉

On 10/17/2022 at 5:21 PM, Hudd130 said:

I suggest we aim for 10am meeting at the visitor's center (36.7704489, -121.4140608).

I'm thinking 10am so that we have a chance at a slowish Saturday morning.

I'll drive from Scotts Valley through Watsonville. If anyone from the area wants to team up (Erin? Yohann?), we can meet at the Scotts Valley coffee shop next to Hilton at 9am.

My cell is 8312953879

Edited by SDS

11 hours ago, erinw.rrc said:

I think Jared is going to come too and bring his black Range Rover.  It’s stock though so he won’t be doing any black diamond trails in it or anything.  But he’d like to play in the obstacle courses.

Wonderful! I haven't been to the obstacle courses in Hollister. Will be fun to try them out.